Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > The Arts

Notices

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-14-2005, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Roscoe P. Coldchain
 
StabMaster Arson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stabbin Cabin
Posts: 2,759
Internets: 1425
StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of
Post

Cult songwriter Warren Zevon's 1978 single Werewolves Of London has won a top accolade today beating songs such as Bill Haley and The Comets' Rock Around The Clock and Bruce Springsteen's Hungry Heart for the Greatest Opening Song Line in rock 'n' roll history.

The track opens with the lines: "Saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand, walking through the streets of Soho in the rain, he was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's, going to get a big dish of beef chow mein".

The top ten

1. Warren Zevon - Werewolves Of London - "I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain He was looking for the place called Lee Ho Fook's Going to get a big dish of beef chow mein."

2. Bill Haley - Rock Around The Clock - "One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock, rock."

3. Jimi Hendrix - Hey Jo - "Hey Joe, where you goin' with that gun in your hand."

4. Little Richard - Tutti Frutti - "A Wop Bop A Loo Bop A Lop Bam Boom!"

5. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird - "If I leave here tomorrow, Would you still remember me?"

6. Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart - "Got a wife and kids in Baltimore Jack I went out for a ride and I never went back."

7. ELO - Telephone Line - "Hello. How are you? Have you been alright, through all those lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely nights That's what I'd say. I'd tell you everything If you'd pick up that telephone."

8. Paul Simon - Kodachrome - "When I think back On all the crap I learned in high school It's a wonder I can think at all."

9. Morrissey - Every Day Is Like Sunday - "Trudging slowly over wet sand Back to the bench where your clothes were stolen."

10. Elvis Costello - Alison - "Oh it's so funny to be seeing you after so long, girl. And with the way you look I understand that you are not impressed."

LEGALIZE CRIME!
StabMaster Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright © 2002-∞ - Nubblies.net