![]() |
|
|
#1 (permalink) |
|
Don't call me Shirley
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Posts: 3,271
Internets: 220249
|
This is a list I've been working on for some time, and whenever I tell people about it they are able to add to it. Best cover songs.
1) Hurt, Johnny Cash (NIN) 2) With a Little Help From my Friends, Joe Cocker (Beatles) 3) Respect, Aretha (Otis Redding) 4) Turn the Page, Metallica (Bob Seger) 5) Landslide, Smashing Pumpkins (Fleetwood Mac) 6) Gin and Juice, The Gourds (Snoop) 6b) Boys in the Hood, Dynamite Hack (Easy E) 7) Knockin on Heaven's Door, GnR (Bob Dylan) 8) Mack the Knife, Louie Armstrong (Bobby Darin, I think) 9) Across the Universe, Fiona Apple (Shut up) (The Beatles) 10) Dirty Water, Dropkick Murphies (The Standells) Honorable Mention: Blinded by the Light, Manfred Mann's Earth Band (Bruce Springsteen) (Notable because it sounds like he says "Revved up like a douche") I'm sure I missed some good ones and there are a lot more Beatles covers, Dylan Covers, and Johnny Cash covered everyone, and really well. |
|
|
|
| Bookmarks |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Album Cover Art | Pliedes | The Arts | 5 | 08-21-2003 06:38 PM |
| Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf | Titan | Reviews | 2 | 02-19-2003 07:13 PM |
| The Top 5 Songs of the 1990's | Ugly Bastard | I'm Right, Fuck You | 7 | 01-21-2003 08:20 PM |