Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Sports > Jiu Jitsu Shit

Notices

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 207
Internets: 1129
hfam95 has much to be proud of hfam95 has much to be proud of hfam95 has much to be proud of hfam95 has much to be proud of hfam95 has much to be proud of hfam95 has much to be proud of hfam95 has much to be proud of hfam95 has much to be proud of hfam95 has much to be proud of
Default Belt testing and stripes at seminars

I'm a one stripe blue belt. The only reason I don't have another stripe is because I didn't go to a freaking seminar. I didn't feel I had to pay $50 - $75 to go to a seminar to work on some things and get a stripe while I was there. I know a guy that got his blue belt and first stripe 4-6 months after me, but because he went to the seminar he got a second stripe.

Can I control him when grappling? Yes. Can I escape his ground game? Yes. Can I submit him? Yes. Can he control me with his ground game? No as much as I do with him. Am I pissed at the situation? You best believe it. I feel I shouldn't have to pay for a stripe disguised as a seminar so until my instructor notices my belt doesn't match up with my skills or whatever then I will be a 1 stripe blue belt or a no strip blue belt at another school (one that doesn't use stripes).

Basically stripes in many academies symbolize time on the mat. It doesn't happen always but lately at my school for the blue belts up it means "one who has been to many seminars and paid $$$$"

Paying $$$ isn't the same thing as paying your dues.
hfam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright © 2002-∞ - Nubblies.net