Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-23-2003, 02:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 10
sim_flex_x is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sim_flex_x
I don't really know much, my church sent out an email that said he was at a football game this afternoon in muncie with his kids, had a heart attack and died.

I know many of you know him either as a teacher, a ski club instructor, or as a friend's dad. I never had Mr. Bott as a teacher, but I skied with him for four years through highschool, and I can't believe he's gone.

I never really know what to say when something like this happens. My heart goes out to his family and his friends. He was an awesome man and is responsible for some of my favorite memories of highschool. Skiing is one of my favorite things to do, and if it weren't for him, I know I wouldn't have been able to do one of the things I love most in life every week every winter. So while I'm in tears knowing he's gone, I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to get to know him in the way that I did.

[ November 22, 2003, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: sim_flex_x ]
sim_flex_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2003, 02:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina
Wow...that's weird. I just saw him the other day. I don't really remember when, but he was in his son's room across the hall. Maybe yesterday. That's too bad. I never had him, but I hear he was a pretty good guy.
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2003, 03:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Titan is on a distinguished road

I had Mr. Bott as a teacher for my genetics class. I really loved it and I had a great time in that class. He and his roofing guys also worked on our new roof. He was an excellent teacher and I know my dad thought he was a great guy. I hope he's remembered well.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2003, 03:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
He was a great guy. Seriously, I only knew him a little bit from ski club...but that little bit was enough to know that he was a great guy. I feel sorry for his family...
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2003, 03:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

This morning I woke up around 1:30 or 2:00. I was very interested in watching the Michigan vs. Ohio State game, but my roommate was still asleep, so I decided I'd give him another half hour or so.

I walked down our hallway to use the restroom, as I was walking back, I noticed Adam Bott had the game on in his room, so I decided to stop in and watch it for a little bit before I went back to my room.

Mike Bott was sitting in there watching the game with his son. They live right across the street from me in Warsaw, so I've known him for a long time. I had just woke up, and didn't have a shirt on or anything, so I just popped in, while watching a few plays had a brief conversation with him.

I asked him if he was just hanging out for the day or what? (small talk), he said yes, and I think mentioned that they were just relaxing, and were probably going to go to the BSU game out at the stadium. I said something along the lines of "oh cool, well have a good one, see ya later", and took off back to my room.

Now he's dead. It's really something else...I don't think I've ever known someone who died so soon after I interacted with them...not too sure what to say.

I first came to know him when he was one of the assitant coaches on my 7th grade football team. This was about the same time I moved in across the street from him, so he would make small talk with me during practices and stuff, 'cause he had taken note that my family was moving in across the street. Since I've lived there, he would pay me to feed his dog every Christmas break while they were on vacation, I've had countless amounts of conversations while I'm outside getting the paper or running or mowing, and he's out there too.

He was the kind of person that was very easy to respect. He commanded respect with his authoritative, yet respective tone. Always quick to ask you how you were doing.

I can remember one time during the Hale-Bopp comet phenomenon, he would be outside at night watching it (he's a scientist), and I would go out there 'cause I'm into that sky-stuff...anyway, he would teach me all about astronomy and stuff while we were out there. I probably spent over an hour over the course of the month that comet was out there, just shooting the shit with him about life. Every night he was out there just watching that beautiful thing streak across the sky. He appreciated the beauty in this world, and took the time to learn and teach others about it.

We'll miss ya Mike, thanks for letting us share a piece of your life with you.

-CA

[ September 21, 2004, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: Ugly Bastard ]
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2003, 04:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Was Adam with him when he died?
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2003, 04:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute
I was at the game while this happened. They called his daughter to one of the gates during the game twice. I was wondering what the hell was going on. I never imagined that this was the reason.

I had Mr. Bott for freshmen biology in high school, he was a good guy. Funny, and not boring. I always remember that instead of making us take page after page of notes, he'd give us a chart type thing, and give us shit that we had to glue on, which was a hell of a lot better than writing notes. My heart goes out to all of his family and friends, he'll definatly be missed.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2003, 05:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

sim_flex_x is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sim_flex_x
Pliedes- I'm not sure, I'm assuming he was if they were at the game, but I don't know 100%

[ November 23, 2003, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: sim_flex_x ]
sim_flex_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2003, 07:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

Combat Chuck is on a distinguished road
I probably have the least connection with Mr. Bott, but this still hits me pretty hard. I have many memories involving seeing him in the school and having brief chats with him when he would congratulate me on a good job in the play or something along those lines.

This really breaks my heart, and I wish the best for anyone and everyone close to him. He really will be remembered, and missed.
Combat Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2003, 04:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Titan:
He and his roofing guys also worked on our new roof.
That reminded me of something...he built the "blue room" in our house. For any of you who have been in my house, the room that connects to the garage, where my cat eats, Mike built that on our house several years before we moved there.

My father called me today and shared a few things some of you may care to know:

I guess during the Ball State football game yesterday, Mike complained to Adam that he wasn't feeling too well, and wanted to leave the game. They did so, and as they were walking out to their car, Mike collapsed in the parking lot. Adam immediately called 911, the response was quick, but even after shocking him 10 times, he would not come back.

My parents went over to their house today to deliver some food. I guess Mrs. Bott was in Florida on a business trip, she made it back late last night. They're still pretty shocked about everything. They didn't see Adam at all while they were over there, but they were told that he's taking it very hard, so keep him in your thoughts...

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote