Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC
Default Riots in London (again)

Tottenham riot over Mark Duggan shooting sparked by police 'beating' girl? | Mail Online

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

Bump.
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard
Cliff notes on why there are riots please.
To expand on Kremlin's answer a bit (and to bring the answer to this thread), this is how I've understood the cause of the riots:

A notorious drug dealer/gangster named Mark Duggan (which is what FC's article mentions) was killed by police after allegedly shooting at cops (and lodging a bullet in one of their police radios). This was the cited reason for the protests, but the underlying cause is more that the urban folks (mostly black, but it's more about being poor, having a shitty life and no job prospects) feel like the rich are given preferential treatment, job rates are shitty, and those in urban areas feel like they really have no hope for a decent future. Given the Duggan thing as an excuse to get together, they've started feeding off of each others' angst.

The rioters seem to be dumb, poor people who feel like they'll always be dumb, poor people because they were brought up by dumb, poor people. It's compounded by the fact that dumb, poor people are becoming poorer by not being able to get a job (because there aren't enough jobs to employ all of the dumb people).

That's what some say. Others say things like:

Quote:
The Youth of the Middle East rise up for basic freedoms.The Youth of London rise up for a HD ready 42" Plasma TV
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
MURICAN

DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute

I love how the poor people of London are thoroughly destroying their own neighbourhoods.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
Unread 08-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgazmo View Post
this is how I've understood the cause of the riots:

A notorious drug dealer/gangster named Rodney King (which is what FC's article mentions) was beaten by police after allegedly resisting arrest. This was the cited reason for the protests, but the underlying cause is more that the urban folks (mostly black, but it's more about being poor, having a shitty life and no job prospects) feel like the rich are given preferential treatment, job rates are shitty, and those in urban areas feel like they really have no hope for a decent future. Given the Duggan thing as an excuse to get together, they've started feeding off of each others' angst.

The rioters seem to be dumb, poor people who feel like they'll always be dumb, poor people because they were brought up by dumb, poor people. It's compounded by the fact that dumb, poor people are becoming poorer by not being able to get a job (because there aren't enough jobs to employ all of the dumb people).

That's what some say.
Black people rioting is basically like madlibs.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FC View Post
I love how the poor people of London are thoroughly destroying their own neighbourhoods.
You hear that Kremlin, he's calling you poor.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
MURICAN

It's not just poor areas anymore.

This place has 2 Michelin stars and is in an amazing neighborhood. It's one of the best restaurants I've ever been to:

London riots: kitchen staff at Notting Hill restaurant The Ledbury protect diners with rolling pins - Telegraph

Unread 08-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

Those diners were pussies. Jules wouldn't of had any of that shit.

Kudos to the staff though.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Quote:
you spelled neighborhood wrong, nerd

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
MURICAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mistoffelees View Post
you spelled neighborhood wrong, nerd
Ha. I actually spelled it right the first time but spell check corrected it and I was too lazy to Americanize it.

Unread 08-10-2011, 01:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

White Person Problem of the Day FTW.
Unread 08-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

I fucking hate summer school. I just heard about this today.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

Quote:
Plenty of them are upper or middle class white college kids; although on the day you posted this, it wasn't as widespread.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

London Disorder - Operation Withern - a set on Flickr