View Single Post
Unread 01-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
tonguegina
I like dirt.
 
tonguegina's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,861
Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina
Default

Yes to all that's been posted so far.

ninja: I noticed that Interpol and Journey were left off of your "I know these" post. Very good, you should check them out if the post was not an oversight.

I'm sure you're familiar with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I feel I need to post them just because they deserve the mention. If not, you'd probably dig their older stuff better. Check out their self-titled album, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, and One Hot Minute (which Dave Navaro played on).

It depends on the person I guess. I'm in more of a classic rock phase right now. If you like Zeppelin, I think it would only make sense to move on to Styx or maybe Jethro Tull. I like Rush and Iron Butterfly, "American Beauty" by the Grateful Dead is a classic...

My favorite of that era outside of Zeppelin would be King Crimson, though. They're a good introduction/transition to progressive bands like Dream Theater.

If you like the Police, you should check out Genesis, but more importantly Peter Gabriel's solo albums.

Since you're a Radiohead fan, I'm sure you're aware of "The Eraser" by Thom Yorke? If not, you should be.

The Cure. You'd like them.

The Beatles, obviously. I like their later, trippy stuff better.

Autechre if you're exploring electronica.

I think of everything that I am suggesting, Muse might be your favorite. I call it apocalyptic rock. It's like Radiohead, but more aggressive, maybe? Definitely harder than Radiohead, I think you'd like them. Start with Absolution, that's been their most commercially successful.

I feel like I'm just naming bands here. I tossed out a bunch of lines to see if I could get a nibble. See anything that you like?
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote