Him being a U.S. citizen is exactly the kind of thing that the government would love to use to scare people. Terrorism is about inciting fear, what's scarier to the super-conservative, muslim terrified masses, than knowing that not only could they be a citizen, but a member of our military?
I should've stated the part about the News differently, because it really was the authorities that let the information stagnate before correcting it.
In regards to Whitey and the Arab. In either case, the point is that it's very doubtful that one person could accomplish all of that in the presence of armed military personnel.
EDIT: I would think, that if someone went through all of the education that he had, knowing what the plan was (assuming he's a terrorist, which I'm sure they'll say he was), that he wouldn't just start popping off shots in a crowd. With his credentials as a doctor, I would think he would've taken out some Big-Wigs. It took much less training to fly planes into the World Trade Center than it did for that guy to just start shooting at random.
|