Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs
That's fair enough, but you can use philosophy, which doesn't require anything paranormal.
|
I'm at a loss why it has been so difficult to establish this point thus far. I haven't appealed to anything paranormal, nor have I deviated in my assertion that knowledge can be gained through philosophy using Rationalism as its vehicle.
I think it has been an issue, because when you take a purely empirical stance things such as morality and/or meaning don't exist. They become a human construct.
This does not mean that someone who doesn't believe in morality can't or is not moral, that's not what I'm saying. Now, this may or may not be the case - my point isn't to debate that just yet - but to show why an empiricist would have an issue accepting
any kind of knowledge outside of sense experience. If one follows this line of thinking to its logical conclusion, it inevitably leads one to what's called the Existential Vacuum. Again, I'm not passing judgement as to whether this is right or wrong, I'm merely pointing out where it leads.
I have to head back to work for now.