I'm seem to noticing a trend here.
When you want to be taken seriously, you post a lot of links, images, and videos -- many of which are not really tied together in any sort of logical framework that makes it easy for the reader to understand. I'm sure it makes perfect sense in your head, but you seem to have no interest in genuinely communicating with the reader.
On the other hand, when posters spend time and effort to seriously reply to your questions and posts, and in return, make statements and questions to you, you post one-sentence answers that don't really contribute to the discussion at all, or silly, mocking youtube songs (usually from arrogant skeptics or scientists with horrible English accents)or derail otherwise positive discussions with posts like the "Calf 269" one above.
Then you return to your own original need for intellectual validation by continually lording your superior knowledge of contemporary philosophy, almost entirely based around what appears to be worshipping David Pearce, expecting others to give you attention and take you seriously.
It might not seem like a big deal to you but I value my free time a lot, and prefer to spend it expanding my mind and learning new things --- not having links thrown at me and having my end of the discussion mostly ignored. This is one of the reasons I left Nubblies in the first place --- to devote my time and attention to something that is actually productive.
So, how do you look at Nubblies, Dent? As a virtual playground where you can linkdump all day and expect others to be as interested in watching those videos as you are? Or are you here for friendly, sincere, mind-opening intellectual discussion?
Because if it's the former, I'm sorry, we really don't have anything to talk about, and it won't be that difficult for me to ignore most of your posts, having experienced this "Boy Who Cried Wolf" phenomenon too many times on subjects that interest me greatly.
I will say it again, much more clearly so you will understand: YOU ARE SMART AS FUCK. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU SPEND YOUR TIME POSITIVELY APPLYING YOUR BRAIN TO THIS WORLD, RATHER THAN JUST READING AND WATCHING SHIT ONLINE AND BEING INCONSIDERATE.
You're so far advanced on the neoconsciousness movement and transhumanism that I can't keep up, and if you can't tell, it's rather frustrating. I would prefer you took that attitude of trying to teach some of us, rather than assuming that we will "catch up" to you out of our own self-interest.
Thank you for your time -- I appreciate it when others spend it hearing what I have to say. I would love to hear more of what you have to say, your thoughts, rather than just being a philosophical fanboy.
I would hope that you don't respond in some sort of nonchalant, "hiding behind the internet", "U butthurt bro?" way, because that would be far too predictable at this point.
|