![]() |
|
|
#1 (permalink) |
|
Poor Sport
|
Anybody else watch?
So basically Pac won the fight dominantly, scores ranged from 12 rounds to 0, to 9 to 3; I gave Margarito 2. Now Margarito needs surgery, because Pac literally broke his face, more specifically his right eye socket and surrounding area.![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
I watched the whole thing. Pacquiao was amazing. Just total dominance start to finish. Margarito has one helluva chin and one helluva dumb corner for letting that fight go on as long as it did. Mayweather would be wise to continue avoiding Pac.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 (permalink) | |
|
Poor Sport
|
Quote:
I think it was borderline on if they should have stopped it; he a little resurgence after the 6th, with 5 and 6 probably being the most brutal by Pac, so he looked ok to keep going until about the 8th-9th, and at that point unless you think he is going to get seriously damaged, I can see the argument for letting him go. I would have had no problem with them stopping it though, he had no chance of winning, and that just became clearer and clearer. Letting it go may have shortened his career, but really, I think he has nothing left as a high level fighter, he didn't look good against Mosley, and I just don't think he is going to come back after 12 rounds of brutal beating. | |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
I'm going to learn one day. Margarito getting 3 to 1, matched with his reach advantage had me newbidly walking around saying Pac Man was going to get upset. I not only lost credibility with my Co-Workers, but my friends as well. After watching that, I think he would put a beating on Mayweather much the same.
|
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 (permalink) |
|
G'd up from the feet up.
|
I went back and checked another source and found this to be wrong, but during the fight they showed Margarito as only having a 1/2 inch reach advantage. With the height difference (meaning he has tiny arms) and head size difference (gigantic), it prompted much discussion regarding his T-Rexiness. Prior to this new information proving his average length arms, he was about 67% T-Rex. He's barely 34% now.
|
|
Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 (permalink) | |
|
Poor Sport
|
Quote:
It might have been the dumb way of measuring reach that people starting doing a few years ago, where you just measure the armpit to the end of the hand, which is stupid as it doesn't take into account the actual reach you get with a wide back. | |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 (permalink) | |
|
Poor Sport
|
Quote:
The traditional, and more accurate, way of measuring reach is to have the person spread their arms like they're being crucified and measure the entire distance, like a wingspan. Most people's reach is approximately equal to their height, boxers are more likely to have wingspans longer than they are tall. For instance, Margarito is listed at 5'11", which is 71 inches. His reach is slightly longer because he has longer arms than the average person. A few years ago people also started listing "arm length" in addition to reach; arm length is from your armpit to the end of you hand. While this is good info to know, it is not as telling as the reach, because when you are boxing you are not standing square to your opponent, you are at about a 45 degree angle so the width between your shoulders comes into play in terms of how far away you can be while punching. If you have two people with identical arm lengths, but one is taller, the taller one will be able to punch from a further difference. | |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|