Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Rants

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-10-2005, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 3373
ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute
We all know the trend. Wearing faded tight t-shirts or polo's with little cuts and "tears" in their collar and base. BUT, none of these can compare to what the vintage trend has done to jeans.

I'll explain how the system works. Abercrombie goes to Wal-Mart. They buy a ton of Jeans. They then tear/rip holes in them, ruff up the denim, and then to top it off they spray a little oil on them (for that extra rugged/vintage look). After all that, they tack on an extra $80, and call it a day.

That's Bullshit.

I'm sick of seeing fuckers walk around in Jeans, a polo, and FLIP FLOPS. Newsflash. It's fucking cold out. Flip flops aren't trendy, and they don't make you look cool. The worst is when you try to confront someone about the holes in their jeans. It usually goes something like this: "Uhhh did you put those sweet holes in your jeans yourself?" - "No! I just wear them alot! honestly." - "Yeah.. bullshit you do." It's like they are in denial about their ripped jeans. Come on! You fucking paid for those and now you're ashamed because someone called you out for being a douche deluxe? Sure, maybe the holes are enlarged from you wearing them, but they obviously had to start somewhere. And that somewhere is an Abercrombie/Express/etc.. factory. Fuck you.

If you want holes in your jeans, save your money. I'm starting my own company. With my super jean package, you get

-Holes in your Jeans (some ripped, some cut)
-And outline of your wallet in the back pocket
-A missing belt loop
-Oil/mud sprayed on
-A kick in the nuts

All this for only $20! Holy shit! You could pretty much turn around and sell these jeans for at least $80, thus making a ton of money!

What it comes down to, is that while I have nothing against AE/Express/Gap/etc.. (well, I do have something against Abercrombie, but that's a different rant, some of their clothes are simply ridiculous! Why would you pay for damaged goods, much less pay a premium! Thats fucking stupid, and so are you if you have ripped jeans from the factory.

Smoke a cigarette and lie some more -- These conversations kill.
ProfessorNumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
Ripped jeans are out...
Unread 12-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute
Thats what you think.

Unread 12-10-2005, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
I grew up on a farm. Bitch.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2005, 09:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

i have only owned one pair of ripped jeans but unlike when you buy them i got mine the right way. A drunken stumbbling spree home from Harry's down at Purdue. So I wore them just cause i earned the rips and holes.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2005, 10:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have a similar pair. But I rarely wear them.

Unread 12-11-2005, 07:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
We still believe.

Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus
I have a pair that I have had since freshman year of high school, and those are pretty torn to fuck, but I would wear them all the time and work in them. I worked thirds at Wa-Mart stalking so I would slide on my needs to stock low shelves and then holes started to form there. Then I was cutting open a box and cut near my upper thigh and cut my phone other than my leg. I like the torn jeans sometimes. but I rather have them appear on their own, besides those torn up jeans don't last for shit. For some reason the old ones just tear up yourself seem to last a little longer. And thus ends my story of my comfy tore to fuck jeans. And yes, being the time it was when I bought them, but that was pre-destoyed look when they sold whole pairs of jeans.

:I'm kinda messed up right now.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2005, 07:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
We still believe.

Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus
By the way, what is with you and fashion lately Prof?

[ December 11, 2005, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: Niger Angelus ]

I enjoy knives and fire.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Internets: 412
theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice
it is a bit retarded.
i remember years ago there were a SHIT TON of vintage clothing stores in the village that were dirt cheap. i remember buying a schlitz delivery man shirt at antique boutique for $8 about 7 years ago.
I'm sure now they'd sell it for $60+.
fucking retarded. still have the shirt tho.

i who have nothing but the comfort of my sins
theMerciless1 is offline   Reply With Quote