Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Rants

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2003, 01:21 AM   #101 (permalink)
Unwanted

Internets: -885
Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts
So everybody's religion is correct?
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 01:25 AM   #102 (permalink)

Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Allah no Schroeder, just mine.

[ September 07, 2003, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Titan ]

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:01 AM   #103 (permalink)

the_butcher is on a distinguished road
Buddhadammit, I stubbed my toe again.

| bite the bullet and swallow lead |
the_butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 11:44 PM   #104 (permalink)

flesh is on a distinguished road
if atheists believe in no religion how can they believe in heaven?
flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:05 AM   #105 (permalink)

Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Do you have to believe in prison to go there?
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 06:22 PM   #106 (permalink)

God is on a distinguished road
Atheists cannot go to heaven.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:45 PM   #107 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Internets: 55974
BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by God:
Atheists cannot go to heaven.
Wrong God,

If you believe in Catholicism then you can go to heaven being an Atheist, you'll just have a long stay in pergatory. Of course that's assuming that Catholicism is correct. What if it's not though? Christianity firmly states that atheist's will go to hell, you cannot be a christian and believe they will go to heaven, unless your non-demoninational (Warsaw Community Church). If your non-demoninational they stress that the only thing that matters is your relationship with God and that you accept the fact that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, however If your an atheist you don't believe that at all. So where is the line drawn for atheists to go to heaven? It all lies within the Catholic church. They will be judged in Pergatory. I myself believe in Pergatory but I consider myself a christian, sort of. I'm a non-demoniated Agnostic, for any theology debates feel free to PM me. I attend probably the most liberal Christian College in the United States, it's amazing how much you learn about Theology in such a short amount of time. I've learned enough in this last month at Grace College to fill a lifetime.

[ September 16, 2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: BigDongedHoe ]

There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.
BigDongedHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:33 PM   #108 (permalink)

God is on a distinguished road
BDH, why did you say I was wrong, then go on to explain how I am correct? Unless you're catholic, you say.
Do atheists go to heaven? I'll tell you what, I wrote a book on the subject, the bible, you read it and tell me where it says they can.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:41 PM   #109 (permalink)

Satan is on a distinguished road
I know this next thing might be hard to swallow... but me and God already agreed that anyone who attends Grace College will be coming with me.
Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:43 PM   #110 (permalink)
Unwanted

Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by BigDongedHoe:
I myself believe in Pergatory but I consider myself a christian, sort of.
You better not be meaning to say that Catholics aren't christians, because they most certainly are.

Oh, by the way, it's "purgatory".
Old 09-16-2003, 11:01 PM   #111 (permalink)
Another Brick in the Wall

rla128 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rla128 Send a message via AIM to rla128 Send a message via MSN to rla128 Send a message via Yahoo to rla128
Quote:
You better not be meaning to say that Catholics aren't christians, because they most certainly are.
You're joking, right?
rla128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 11:14 PM   #112 (permalink)

Dr. Seuss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Seuss
Schroeder's right so I can't imagine why he'd be joking. Well, he'd be more correct if he said, "You better not be meaning to say that Catholics can't be Christians, because they most certainly can be."

"When will humans realize that all races are equally inferior to robots?" - Bender
Dr. Seuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 11:23 PM   #113 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to rla128 Send a message via AIM to rla128 Send a message via MSN to rla128 Send a message via Yahoo to rla128
It is impossible to be a true Christian, and be a true Catholic at the same time. Don't even get me started on why. Go read about it, or something.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:45 PM   #114 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Internets: 55974
BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Schroeder:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BigDongedHoe:
I myself believe in Pergatory but I consider myself a christian, sort of.

Oh, by the way, it's "purgatory".
</font>[/quote]You know what shroeder I never bashed you and got involved in the whole bashing deal but that comment right there officially makes me hate you fucker. Where in the name of holy fuck did I ever say that catholics aren't christians because they are. Fuck you and mind your own business you scrawny piece of ass-wire.

Hey god fuck you cocksmoker you think your all knowing but I have news for you asshole your not. The truth of the matter is that if you are catholic then you believe in purgatory and it's very clear that everyone will venture to purgatory (INCLUDING ATHEIST'S). There they will be judged as to how bad of sins they committed. My girlfriend is Catholic, as well as her mom who has been raised a catholic. I have theological disputes with her very often and purgatory has been an issue discussed at great detail because it's something that I believe in. There's stuff outside of the bible called faith and religion fucker. Why don't you take a look into that before you start running your mouth little man. Go back to stroking your stick to madonna videos on MTV2 because you don't have a fucking clue what your talking about.

Satan fuck you too bitch, you think your some badass that knows all evil but guess what you don't. Your pissed because your body is caught in an uday and cusay (saddam's sons) sandwhich. Uday is fucking you in the ass while you give it to cusay. So why don't you shut the fuck up because you don't know a god damned thing about Grace bitch.

There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.
BigDongedHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 12:29 AM   #115 (permalink)

victim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There's stuff outside of the bible called faith and religion fucker.
Oh, oh my... wow. That's just... great, really. It made my day.

get off my internet!!!
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 02:23 AM   #116 (permalink)
Unwanted

Quote:
Originally posted by rla128:
It is impossible to be a true Christian, and be a true Catholic at the same time. Don't even get me started on why. Go read about it, or something.
I did.

Christian:
n.
1.One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2.One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.

I do both of these and am a Catholic (which is a type of christian). In fact, rla, if you knew anything about the Catholic church you would know that to be a true Catholic you have to be a true Christian.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:22 AM   #117 (permalink)

Titan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
mind your own business you scrawny piece of ass-wire.
I'm sorry to interrupt this extremely old and mundane and redundant and over-done argument. But that right there was the funniest thing I've heard all week.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 05:45 PM   #118 (permalink)
Unwanted

Hey, rla took a pot-shot at me, and I'm not going to stand for that.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:51 PM   #119 (permalink)

The teachings of Jesus do not coincide with the teachings of the Catholic church.

Go read John 3:16. Where does that say anything about being saved through the church? That's but one of the many problems with your logic.

Isn't there anyone here that can back me up?
Old 09-17-2003, 07:11 PM   #120 (permalink)

Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Here is where the problem is going to come:
Protestant churches accept only the teachings of the bible (sola scriptura).
Catholic churches accept the Bible (which includes the Apocrypha) and church doctine (decrees by the pope, etc).

But the Catholic Church has gotten much closer Protestant teachings in the past centuries.

Everything we're going to argue over here is precisely why the Protestant movement happened.

Question for people who consider themselves Christians, Cathloics, or any offshoot or similar belief structure: Is salvation through Jesus Christ the only way to heaven?

I don't want just yes or no answers either. Explain.

[ September 17, 2003, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Pliedes ]
Old 09-17-2003, 09:02 PM   #121 (permalink)

^I'm betting you gained much of what you just said from AP Euro History. And thank you for your wonderful contribution.

Considering your question: yes. I'd quote some Bible verse as to why, but I'm too lazy. Salvation through Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. Why? It's in the Bible, and I have found it to be true in my own life.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:22 PM   #122 (permalink)

Spanish_Thug is on a distinguished road
i have to agree with rla, from what i have learned through the many years of goin to church the only way to enter hevean is by knowing that jesus christ died for your sins and is the son of God and by accepting him as your savior.

Kiss my white Puerto Rican ass!
Spanish_Thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 09:35 PM   #123 (permalink)

My knowledge was not gained from Gilmer's class, it comes from actually finding shit out for yourself.
Did you ever consider that maybe the search for knowledge doesn't stop when you exit a school?
Or maybe that questioning doesn't stop when you enter a church, it starts.
I'd thank you for your contribution, but you've mearly made half-assed attempts at discussing something you apparently must not know much about.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:38 PM   #124 (permalink)

I'm not saying you haven't obtained knowledge on this subject from somewhere other than Gilmer's class. I'm not saying at all. I just saw that much of what you said was discussed very similarly in his class, and I believe I have heard that you have been in that class. Please don't take what I said the wrong way.

And this discussion is getting away from Schroeder's original remark.

Is Catholicism a form of true Christianity?
Old 09-17-2003, 09:56 PM   #125 (permalink)
Unwanted

Most definintely. Besides, rla, when did I say that the Catholic church said we could be saved through the church? Please do not go and claim things as facts that your church has told you about Catholics. Most Protestant churches bash Catholics and lie about what Catholics believe.