Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Rants

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-14-2006, 07:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
Default No Mexican Food in London

In a city that is as big and important as New York, I CAN'T EVEN BUY A BAG OF TORTILLA CHIPS IN A SUPERMARKET! WTF is wrong with british people?

There really is no mexican food here, and asian food (except shite chinese food) is hard to come by. But it's the mexican food I miss. I had no idea. Had I known, I may not have come here.
Unread 06-14-2006, 07:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
DJ FC

While I'm on it, I may as well get all the London rants out:

Why does everything cost so much god-damned money here? If I get a beer for £2.5 I consider it a great deal. That's just under $5. Why is a $5 beer a good deal? I ate at burger king the other day... 2 whopper jrs. That's $2 in the US. It's £4 in the UK. Fucking $8 for 2 whopper jrs. As my buddy put it 'ever since we've been in london, i feel like i'm whiping my ass with $10 bills' The tube costs £4/ride unless you get a pass, so i broke down and bought a monthly tube pass for £80, not soo shabby i guess.

Then there are the people who will stop you and yell at you for being american. WTF bro? We didn't bomb iraq (and you guys helped us out anyways, so stfu), our government did. Some kids honestly have been verbally abused. Two girls (from south carolina) ended up punching some dude in the face cus he was getting pretty agressive with them. What a story.

I guess that's all there is to rant about, the weathers been beautiful, which I know won't last, but all in all this city is probably the finest city i've ever visted. But god-damn i'm gonna go nuts on $1 Taco Tuesday and $.15 beer night when i get home.

Edit: And here's another fucked up one... i buy a cell phone, but it costs me 3X more to call someone in london than it does to call someone in t he US. I should just call the US and have my messages forwareded back to London, and still end up 5p/minute cheaper.

Also: My favorite saying in the US was 'get pissed' but here that means get drunk, so i cant say it like i used to.

I'm sure there are more rants, i'll ammend this post as needed, but none of them are as important as no mexican food.

Last edited by DJ FC; 06-14-2006 at 07:40 AM.
Unread 06-14-2006, 11:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
English.

Internets: 179
Heaven Can Wait has a spectacular aura about Heaven Can Wait has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Heaven Can Wait

Its london, what do you expect? London is the tourist side of england.
As for the mexican food, fuck mexicans.
And I do believe supermarkets sell tortilla chips and propably some other shit too.
Asian food the same, ask someone where the indian or chinese is.
Plenty of all you can eat places for under £5, Just dont get stung on the drinks.
Tried a full english breakfast yet? Quite possibly the best england has to offer, heart attack at 50 comes with the price tag.
The prices are due to the NHS.
How are you finding the petrol prices?

there is little I wouldn't do for a dolphin.
Heaven Can Wait is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Take a weekend break amigo. Catch a cheap commuter flight to Holland. EasyJet, BE, Virgin Express, BMI, etc. all have cheap ass fares for about 4 pounds + taxes each way check them out (a nice starting point: http://www.lonelyplanetexchange.com/ ). From Schiphol catch the train to Amsterdam Centraal --buy a ticket from the yellow machine. You'll need about 3.60 in euro coins or one of their pin cards. After arrival get your ass a cheap hotel room. Do this by going to the VVV, there's one just in front of Centraal Station, but it's always packed, even in off season. A quick note on VVV in Amsterdam --you can pay for your room there with a credit card. Most places are cash only. There's another one on Leideseplein --where most of the clubs and partying goes on. To get to Leidseplein, take either the 1, 2, or 5 tram to the Leidseplein stop. The VVV is right next to the square across from the "walk to wok" Chinese take out. Also in Leidseplein is "The Bulldog" it's a coffee shop and a bigger one at that. Never been bought anything there myself as I prefer Abraxas, but that is in Spui (between Leidseplein and Dam square). You will find some kick ass weed that is a notch above the hydro that is available in Oregon and Canada. A few tokes before going to the Anne Frank House (Mrs. Pancake made me do it) last January, made it the funniest fucking thing I'd ever seen. While you're there load up on the Indonesian and the Chinese. It's all over. Indonesian is like a cross between Chinese and Indian.

If you still have a jones for Mexican food, go back to Centraal Station, get on the train that goes to Haarlem Centraal (there's two other Stations named Haarlem but neither goes into Haarlem. If you get off at the wrong one, just hop back on the next train). Walk out of the Train Station --follow the signs for the twon center to go out the correct exit, you'll see the bus station, go walk around it, on the main street that curves to the right, follow it until you get to the main square. You'll pass one Mexican Resteraunt on the right. There's another on the edge of the square that's all decked out in neon. Those, might be the two closest Mexican resteraunts to you.

In Amsterdam, skip the hookers. Most (I have my doubts about Schroeder) can drag something comparable out of one of the clubs for free.

You'll also find other Euro capital cities are much less expensive than London. Madrid is crazy cheap, Paris is fairly inexpensive as well. The only cities that I though were even close to London on the expense side is Reyjavek in Iceland, Oslo, and Stockholm. Even then Oslo and Stockholm are cheaper in the summer --fucking go figure that one.

Last AP London tip for DJ FC, if you're going to do any of the touristy shit while you're there, i.e. Tower of Londen, buy your tickets at the tube stop. The big ass line is for buying ticket not going into the exhibit. If you have tickets, just walk to the front. Also, buy you should know where to buy your tickets to Westend shows. That may be the only bargain in London. Broadway quality + shows at local community theater prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
I will rape your soul in hell forever.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
DJ FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven Can Wait
Its london, what do you expect? London is the tourist side of england.
Yes, one of the 2 major financial centers in the world is merely "tourist."

Quote:
And I do believe supermarkets sell tortilla chips and propably some other shit too.
We've found salsa, but no tortilla chips.

Quote:
How are you finding the petrol prices?
No car, I ride the tube.

And yes, we are planning on going to Amsterdam, as well as other parts of the continent.
Unread 06-14-2006, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Internets: 412
theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice

lol @ "ride the tube"

i who have nothing but the comfort of my sins
theMerciless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 04:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

was djfcs account just deleted or something?

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Yes, at his request.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice

THANK GOD

Unread 06-15-2006, 09:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgazmo
Yes, at his request.
What the fuck? It took him long enough....
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

djfc is a fool, his account is deleted, but all of his posts are archived for eternity.

#YOLO
Unread 06-15-2006, 12:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

yes i was thinking the same thing. i want him to get online so i can get to the bottom of this.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2006, 04:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
English.

Internets: 179
Heaven Can Wait has a spectacular aura about Heaven Can Wait has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Heaven Can Wait

Thats what no mexican food does to some people.

there is little I wouldn't do for a dolphin.
Heaven Can Wait is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2006, 04:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

he has claimed a while ago that he is afraid that sometime in the future, what he has said on nubblies will come back to destroy him. if he runs for president or something like that.

#YOLO
Unread 06-15-2006, 06:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

i asked gaz and he said that he told him if he didnt delete him, he'd change all of his posts to "."

But, as you already said, deleting his account doesnt delete his posts...it merely has made it impossible for him to edit them. And he's still posting under "DJ FC". I'm confused as to the situation quite a bit.

I must add that DJ FC's apparent humility of possible public knowledge of his posts (and possibly this site altogether!) seems a bit like betrayal to me...

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2006, 07:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

betrayal indeed.

#YOLO
Unread 06-15-2006, 08:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody outside of nubblies knows who DJFC is. One of you fuckers would have to squeal to out him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
I will rape your soul in hell forever.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2006, 08:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde
i asked gaz and he said that he told him if he didnt delete him, he'd change all of his posts to "."

But, as you already said, deleting his account doesnt delete his posts...it merely has made it impossible for him to edit them. And he's still posting under "DJ FC". I'm confused as to the situation quite a bit.

I must add that DJ FC's apparent humility of possible public knowledge of his posts (and possibly this site altogether!) seems a bit like betrayal to me...
If his account is deleted, im pretty sure you cant search for his posts.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2006, 08:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake
Nobody outside of nubblies knows who DJFC is. One of you fuckers would have to squeal to out him.
Or his computer history at work, the dipshit.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2006, 02:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

What a pussy.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2006, 01:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
We still believe.

Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus

Yes, I agree. Maybe he saw one too many 60 Minutes specials or something on the possible backlash of myspace and facebook and all that good stuff that can apparently come back to haunt you in your professional career. What a tool.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #22 (permalink)

i abhor corporate america

Unread 06-20-2006, 01:37 PM   #23 (permalink)

i dont know why i said that

Unread 06-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

i heard from a doctor that people that fist their own asses sometimes accidently say that while they are currently fisting their own ass.

so thats probably why.

#YOLO

Last edited by THEINCREDIBLEdork; 06-20-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Unread 06-20-2006, 02:56 PM   #25 (permalink)

i've never been able to get past the knuckles