I start this thread not knowing exactly what I'm going to write about...but I do have a general idea, so bear with me.
I've never gone hunting for anything bigger than a chipmunk, but I still think that I can have an opinion. When I think about people taking big ass guns with scopes that magnify 100x, I have to think to myself that it's not really a fair fight. I mean, a human, a creature that is infinitely smarter than the prey that it hunts, arms itself with a weapon that could pick off a lemon from 500 yards. What the fuck? Honestly, where is the fun in that? If I ever found the need to take the life of a creature, I'm sure that, if it was possible, I would do it with my bare hands. Granted, killing things like deer in such a fashion would be more than a little bit tough...but that doesn't mean that using a fucking rifle is the answer. I can see implementing the use of a rifle if you're hunting on the African Plains for big ass elephants, but for a deer? Fuck no. I'm going to go ahead and say that using a sword is fair against a deer...just enough to pose enough of a challenge, but not so much that you can fucking kill the animal from a quarter mile. That's all I've got for now, maybe I'll add a bit later.
[This message has been edited by Orgazmo (edited November 04, 2002).]
|