View Single Post
Unread 01-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dent
Lost in Hilbert Spice
 
Dent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Surrounded by knaves and fools
Posts: 3,524
Internets: 183146
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Through an awakening process that I have undergone I now understand this one fundamental truth. Nearly all suffering is the mind resisting to accept the present moment of what is. With this truth, I no longer see how modifying genes or enhancing pleasure receptors could lead to abolishment of suffering. As long as we claim to seek our identity in thoughts, emotions, and external content then suffering is inevitable.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote