Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent
why do so many people talk about computers turning on but not any other form of logic gate? what about a super duper complexity emergent abacus.
|
Because you are communicating with laymen. When communicating with a lay-audience it has to be much more of a back-and-forth question-and-answer Teacher/Student relationship, in order that you can educate us laymen to the level of understanding you need them to be at to have a proper discussion about logic gates and the fundamental difference between Nature-generated consciousness and Man-generated consciousness (something I am very interested in learning).
You seem to take this for granted but as far as I am concerned it is not a closed subject, and if it was, you would be defending it a lot less I think (think defending evolution vs. just writing someone off as not understanding it).
I think you intimidate people from interacting with you about this because it's more of a "versus" rather than trying to reach a mutual agreement. I think this mindset extends to a large portion of our global culture also.