Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > Reviews

Notices

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2003, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,698
Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Post



On the 17th of this November, the highly anticipated Mario Kart: Double Dash!! will be coming out for the GameCube.

I can tell you're excited, because you loved the old instant classic Mario Kart 64. Well the big change-up this time around is that each kart has two racers, who at any time may switch position. What position? Why, the driver at the front, and the weapon thrower at the back, of course. The fun part of this is that if you so desire you can play with another person and each take on the separate duties.

Here are the quoted features:
-Place first in racing circuits to open up progressively more difficult circuits.
-Link the game with seven other players using a broadband adapter and race each other side-by-side using multiple game systems and multiple televisions!
-Compete against your friends in Grand Prix, Versus or Battle modes. If you choose, two players can work together to control the same kart! There are also eight special items that can only be used by specific characters.
-Look for shortcuts and head for the finish line on amazing tracks set in fantastic Mushroom Kingdom locations.


Included drivers (there may be more hidden ones, I don't know) are: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Yoshi, Birdo, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Koopa, Paratroopa, Wario and Waluigi.

Official Site

Our house will be open after the 17th if anyone wants to join me and Pliedes for some double action... yeah, you know what I mean.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,003
Internets: 82
Alpha will become famous soon enough
Post

I'm being very serious when I ask if I can come down the weekend after to play. That'd be the shit.

Gods are but men with immortal souls.
Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,698
Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Post

As of now, surprisingly, we won't have anywhere we have to go, so that might just work out.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,063
Internets: 10
Combat Chuck is on a distinguished road
Post

I saw a commercial for this the other day and shook in anticipation.
Combat Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,698
Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Post

With help from my dear friend Combat Chuck, I was able to nab a copy of this game from Bluckboster over break. Respect due. And though it's due Wednesday, I plan on accidently not bringing it back 'til next weekend.

That said, I'm a fan.

With a little more help from my friends I was able to enjoy all the different ways and modes of play inherent in said video game title. Tonguegina, Pliedes, and Combat can all attest; a fun time was had by all. This is one of the most fun multiplayer games I've played in a long time. Whilest playing, generous amounts of side-splitting action and comedy ensued. It comes highly recommended.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,063
Internets: 10
Combat Chuck is on a distinguished road
Post

Yeah, I worked and worked hard to nab that copy for ya there Tit. That said, I'm glad that I could supply hours of
Quote:
Originally posted by Titan:

generous amounts of side-splitting action and comedy
for you. After sampling but one race of this masterful artpiece, I'd say that if I had some stars right now, I'd give it 5.

Go get it. Get it now.
Combat Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 04:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
I like dirt.
 
tonguegina's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,861
Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina
Post

Fun is what this game is. Fun indeed. I look forward to Titan buying it so I can mooch playing time off of him.
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 04:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,100
Internets: 10
buckeye is on a distinguished road
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Combat Chuck:
After sampling but one race of this masterful artpiece, I'd say that if I had some stars right now, I'd give it 5.

Go get it. Get it now.
I guess ill reserve my opinion until i play it, what i'm gathering from IGN and Gamespot, who reviewed it at a 7.9, it isnt everything that it was hyped to be.
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 07:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,063
Internets: 10
Combat Chuck is on a distinguished road
Post

But then again, you don't seem to be as enveloped in the art of MarioKart and all of it's ways. I know that whenever I play anything associated with this property, I get a nice feeling inside.

They could be racing wheelbarrows and I'd love it.....and I really think that they should race wheelbarrows sometime soon.
Combat Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 12:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,698
Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Post

Yeah by the way I beat the shit out of this game yesterday. It's over. It's gone. I'm done. I own. What bam thank you Peach.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 12:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 985
Internets: 10
victim is on a distinguished road
Post

After playing it a few times, I have to say, it's pretty good. What I'm not sure about though is which is better: Double Dash!! or F-Zero GX... the jury is still out.

get off my internet!!!
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 12:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,698
Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Post

I haven't played F-Zero since the SNES version. It blew dog balls. How much better is the GameCube game than that of the SNES game? Does it blow cat vagina?

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 12:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 985
Internets: 10
victim is on a distinguished road
Post

It's actually decent... it's lacking the random motherfucking track generator it had on the N64 though, which was about the coolest hidden feature to a game I have ever seen.

[ December 03, 2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: victim ]

get off my internet!!!
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 02:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,100
Internets: 10
buckeye is on a distinguished road
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Combat Chuck:
But then again, you don't seem to be as enveloped in the art of MarioKart and all of it's ways.
Maybe not, but like i said i havent played it yet. I had the orginal and played it all the damn time, i also had the N64 version, so you cant say i'm a stranger to the series. My level of obsession with the game is not on par with yours, and therefore a more unbiased opinion, which is just how IGN and Gamespot reviewed it. Essentially they put it that the general, Non-Nintendo-Fanboy (i use this term lightly), wouldn't be as attracted to the game, since looked at and compared to other racing games, it was seen as somewhat lacking.

[ December 03, 2003, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: buckeye ]
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 06:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,063
Internets: 10
Combat Chuck is on a distinguished road
Post

Actually, I can't really be heralded as a man who knows his Mariokart back and forth. I mean, Titan kicks my ass in all of its beauty ten times to nowhere whenever we play, but MarioKart is most definitely a game that will hold a special special place in my heart. Same with Zelda.

And one of my best friends here at Millikin (of the female persuasion) has an SNES in her room, and a hefty dosage of MarioKart was one of our first activities together. Man, that was a while ago.
Combat Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 05:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,698
Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Combat Chuck:
And one of my best friends here at Millikin (of the female persuasion) has an SNES in her room, and a hefty dosage of MarioKart was one of our first activities together. Man, that was a while ago.
I still can't get over the fact that you have a super hot friend that asked you to come play Super Nintendo with her. You fucking need to marry her right now Chuck, no fucking excuses.

[ December 09, 2003, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Titan ]

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 06:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Pliedes's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 4,594
Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Post

Agreed. I'll even buy you the plane tickets to Las Vegas.
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright © 2002-∞ - Nubblies.net