![]() |
|
|
#1 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
|
This weekend we will be starting up a game called Fugitive. It will start at 8:30pm on Friday at the old courthouse coffee. The more people we get to show up the better. Here are the rules of the game.
The game is a mix of capture the flag and tag. The game will start at the old courthouse and end at Spikes. The fugitives will be on foot and have to make it to Spikes in 45 mins without getting caught by the cops. The fugitives will have 45 mins to get to Spikes and will have to capture a flag that will be placed somewhere in the middle. We will annouce were the flags will be located before the game. There will be boundaries for the game. You can not go north of Ft. Wayne St. and you can not go south of Winona Ave. you have to stay in between these two streets and anything in the middle is far game, just as long as you dont go outside the boundaries. The fugitive can either run or walk as long as they make it from the Courthouse to Spikes in 45 minutes. They are NOT allowed to use any or means of transportation other then running or walking. The only possible way that you could get away with not running or walking is if you are able to steal a cops bike. The cops will leave 5 minutes after the fugitives do and they will have different means of catching the fugitives. They can use their cars,bikes,scooters, or run on foot whatever you choose. When you do catch a fugitive if you do they are then out of the game and you continue after the rest of the fugitives. All you have to do is tag a fugitive in order for them to be out. We will need a count of people that would like to play and people that want to bring a bike so we know if we will have enough or need more. If you have any questions just ask. Hope to get a good turn out for this it will be a good time. [ July 14, 2003, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: bert ] |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 (permalink) |
|
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,704
Internets: 55974
|
I have a tennis tournament that starts on friday however if I happen to be seeded in the tournament I will more than likely receive a first round bye which would mean I wouldn't play till sat. morning instead of friday night. If that happens then you can definitely count me in.
|
|
There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
I got to play this game this past weekend, and let me tell you, it's a helluva time. So for any of you out there riding the fence, fret not, it's a great game.
Bert...I'm in, not gonna make any guarantees as to how late I will stay out and play 'cause I've got shit to do early the next day...but nevertheless, I'm in. -Ugly Bastard Update: I'm going out sometime before Friday and buying a bicycle for myself, mainly just to play this game...that's how fun it is. So, bring a bike. [ July 15, 2003, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: Ugly Bastard ] |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Straight Outta Compton
Posts: 1,003
Internets: 123
|
I'm definitely in on this. Ryan Hill was telling me about this scheduled event and I immediately told him that I wanted to play. I am glad that there is an open invitation.
I have a bike and a set of 2 way walkie talkies if those come in handy as well. This sounds like a great game and I'm looking forward to playing. |
|
The Glyde don't sign no autographs
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 (permalink) |
|
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,704
Internets: 55974
|
This year in first period in Baumgartners room I received rave reviews about this game from MT. He explained the whole game in general and I've heard this is one of the most fun things you will do all summer. I'm hoping to hell I have a buy in this tournament.
|
|
There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 (permalink) | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
Quote:
-Ugly Bastard | |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
|
Fruit you can invite anyone you want, this game is open to everyone that is willing to play.
BDH lets hope you get a buy or you going to be missing out on a great time. Silver and cold, like UB said we played this past weekend and we had more girls show up then we did guys. I can also assure you that you wont be the only girl. I have invited plenty of females. So dont be afraid to show up. Not saying they will all show up but you can invite any ladies so you dont feel out of place. Looking forward to seeing everyone there, if it is raining we will still play as long as it isnt a pouring outside. Looking at the weather it is supposed to be in the 80's so it looks like it will be a Go. I will keep everyone updated if anything changes. It will start at 8:30pm and could go as late as 1:00am. Its hard to tell how long we will play, we will continue to play as long as we have enough people. |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 (permalink) |
|
Ish...
|
Well, I talked to UB, and I decided you can most likely count me in.I have to help out with this VBS thing but it gets out at 8:30, so I will just makesure and hurry.
Bert, you should have you little sister Brittney come! It would be cool! |
|
the killer in me is the killer in you.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,100
Internets: 10
|
alright i'm going to go ahead and add a few rules that bert left out...
General Rules 1. No Flashlights 2. No entry into daulton foundries 3. No going inside, or on top of buildings 4. At the end of the 45 minutes all cops, and fugitives must report to the goal. Which would be spikes. Cop Rules 1. Excessive flag guarding will not be tolerated. 2. ALL tagging must be done on foot, you can't tag a fugitive from within a vechile or while on a bike. 3. You can't wear any type of hats, at all. The reason for this will be explained later. Fugitives 1.No hitchhiking or burrowing methods of transportation, if you can steal a cop's bike that is legal. 2. We're expecting a somewhat large number of people to show up, so we request that if you plan on being a fugitive to bring a hat (sock hat, ball cap whatever). This will designate you as a fugitive, and help cops recognize you. If this rule needs to be applied given the number of people playing, then you wont be allowed to take the hat off at anytime during the game. The Flag These rules are subject to change, and open to suggestion as well,but as of now they are official... The flag is the sticking point in the game and the most critical part of the Fugitives victory. The fugitives must bring the flag to the goal inorder to secure a victory. If a fugitive is tagged they must drop the flag where they are (assuming it is not in the middle of a street) and it will lay there until the next fugitive comes to pick it up. General Statments... At the conclusion of each time period, everyone is to report to the goal, to find out details for the next game. With as many people as we will have if this is not done in an orderly way, or people take time doing this, it will hinder the ability to start the next game. While this game may seem like just a big game of tag, quite a bit of strategy is involved when playing. The cops have numbers, and communication to their advantage, while fugitives have stealth, and what i like to call "trickeration." Trickeration is essentially the ability to distract, confuse, and trick the cops, to create a temporary advantage. I'll go ahead and tell you right now that if you merely try to turn this game into a race, the fugitives will go down every time. Without careful planning, and good execution it'll be very hard for the fugitives to win, they are at the disadvantage just as it is in real life. Items to bring... 1. Sock Hat, if you plan on being a fugitive 2. A bike, it is the preffered method of transportation used by a cop. 3. Cell phone, or walkie talkie. Communication amognst cops can make the game much more interesting, and it allows us to stay organized when the game comes to an end. 4. Dark Clothes. 5. A watch, especially if you're a fugitive, you need every minute. 6. Running shoes Ill post more on this while i can, right now its way to late, and i need to get some sleep. As of now the game is shaping up to be pretty big, i encourage everyone to attend and to bring some friends with you. Also you might find it easier to secure a parking spot at Center Lake and then walk to courthouse, parking is very limited around Courthouse Coffee Downtown. [ July 16, 2003, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: buckeye ] |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 (permalink) |
|
Caribou Lou
|
I wish I was fortunate enough to participate in this... but lucky me... I'm stuck babysitting Friday night until midnight... I'll try to find a way out...
|
|
"Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Except for herpes. That shit'll come back with you."
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
Bitches-
You all seem to have excuses of why you can't go. Well guess what, no one wants to hear it. If you can't go, simply don't reply. If you are going, go ahead and reply with a simple "see ya there". No one wants to hear your made-up excuse about how you can't come play tag with 30 guys you've never met in your life. I don't blaim you, I wouldn't do it either...but at least don't lie to us. -Ugly Bastard |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 (permalink) | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
Quote:
-Ugly Bastard | |
|
|
|
|
|
#19 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,100
Internets: 10
|
i would also like to add that the more people that come, the more fun this game is. Feel free to invite all your friends, it really wouldn't bother anyone, it'd just add to the experience.
Also we are expecting a somewhat large number of people, so smith stree will be added to the boundries of the game. It's the road that the ymca is on, and it runs into Winona Avenue. [ July 16, 2003, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: buckeye ] |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 (permalink) | |
|
Senior Member
|
Quote:
| |
|
|
|
|
|
#23 (permalink) |
|
Bokononist
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,595
Internets: 11801
|
As of now I am a yes, but that all depends on what the girlfriend is doing. I think with my waist, so where she goes, I'll probably go.
|
|
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|