![]() |
|
|
#1 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
As BDH has recently alerted everyone, the Cubs just added someone whom I have always liked a ton, long before the Cubs signed him today; Juan Pierre.
Upon hearing the news (which ran across the Bottom Line on ESPN and made my day). I decided that it was time to make this year's 4th annual offical Cubs thread. BDH already beat me to the punch with an imposter thread; but I do not fault him for his enthusiasm. Juan Pierre is a stud. This is the first time in as long as I can remember where the Cubs will have a serious base-stealing threat in their line-up. Each year the Cubs' leader in stolen bases is like some random dude who fluked his way to 20-bags. This year will be different. Expect Pierre to steal, bunt, and fuck his way to a World Series ring while a member of the greatest team ever assembled - the 2006 Chicago Cubs. They WILL win the World Series this year. Guys I'm not even joking. The last 3 years when I made these threads, I knew for a fact that they in fact would NOT win; I was just being a silly bastard. This year there's no joking around. This is the real deal. You've gotta believe me. I'd bet 5:1 they win the whole damn thing this year. -UB |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|