![]() |
|
|
#1 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
Nobody gives a shit about day-to-day market news if they aren't actively involved in it, but what is going on now is being called bigger than the 1998 flight to quality/1999 Asian Financial Crisis... everyone I work with says the markets are more volatile now than they can EVER remember. It's friggin armageddon... and it's AWESOME. Read some business articles, it's all too macro to point out a single thing, but major hedge funds are collapseing, one of the nations largest mortgage lenders "Countrywide" had it's debt downgraded nearly to junk status and may go under... Goldman Sachs, the king of all Investment Banks, had it's flagship fund "Alpha One," arguably the most prestigious fund in the world, take a 27% whallop, half of which was in 2 or 3 days alone! Bears Sterns is in the news. The Fed is doing emergency lending of liquidity just to keep the market upright. God this is a beautiful time, and I couldn't have picked a better time to join the industry.
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
I hope no Nubblites are planning on being homeowners any time soon... how about that UB? (You won't be able to get a mortgage and if you will, it will be for a fuck ton higher rate than if you had applied for one just 2 weeks ago).
"Global Liquidity Crisis" This shit is for real. |
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() Last edited by DJ FC; 08-17-2007 at 06:10 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 (permalink) |
|
Almost there...
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,979
Internets: 164547
|
I've been keeping up to date with this, though I really have no idea what it all means. Just that the US housing market is suffering, and because of that other countries are suffering. It just goes to show how intricate and tied together we all are, economically.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
Once my baby girl Hilary Clinton gets in office, everything will turn around. We will stop funding a ridiculous War and stop letting "Bush" oil run over all of its consumers.
|
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
Except this isnt about war or oil... it's about the end of an era of cheap money and loose lending.
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
Because they get votes.
Everything that works economically sounds cruel. |
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
14,000
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
Good thing the stock market isn't going to hold steady for the next 18 months. Did you tell Michael that you thought this was a great line, or just that you took the over?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#21 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
I'll up it to $3000. F3lix, if you reply with "yes" that will be a binding bet, I will not back out, you are all my witnesses.
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
UB, we got out of the crunch for the time being. I am happy with that. There is no reason for every $100 bet to increase to $500. I bet the $100 because if the market finishes above 14k, then I won't notice the $100 gone. If it finishes below that, I'll have hedged it for $100. I was just pointing out that Michael was playing Monday morning QB and when we made the bet, it was a very tense time in the market with signs looking towards a possible mass sell off.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
I know you have the money to bet $500. If you actually believed you were correct, you would increase the bet. It's fun watching you try to mask your doubts about the bet with macho bullshit, though.
edit: And I wouldn't be so adament about increasing this to $500 if it were to be settled in the immediate future. This is a 21-month bet we're making here. Put some real money on it - or admit you like my side better. |
|
Last edited by Ugly Bastard; 10-03-2007 at 01:02 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#25 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
The idea that I am required to but $500 on everything I talk shit about is stupid. You don't challenge anybody else on this board to even $50 bets. I love talking shit just as much as anybody, but this doesn't mean I care to slap $500 on every idea that crosses my mind.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Tucker. | Orgazmo | Reviews | 57 | 05-28-2012 02:30 AM |
| Santa Claus | Mr. Blonde | Jibberish | 16 | 11-30-2010 03:00 AM |
| Time Zone Garbage | DJ FC | News | 13 | 11-30-2005 07:40 PM |
| Some Jibberish | DJ FC | Jibberish | 13 | 01-07-2005 04:57 PM |