Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?

Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/index.php)
-   Reviews (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Some movies I've enjoyed recently (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16493)

THEINCREDIBLEdork 11-26-2007 11:37 AM

Some movies I've enjoyed recently

No country for old men (2007)

I love evil. This movie has the biggest, meanest bad guy in a movie I've seen in a long time. Every character in this movie is cummingly delicious, from the small parts like the customs guy at the border of mexico to the bad ass cowboy being chased. The action and suspense scenes are sick. Instead of relying on stupid action music to convey fear and imminent danger, the pacing, camera work, sound, and visuals all bonerly combine to give you a real sense of physical peril. I kept finding myself tightly holding my balls throughout the entire movie. The ending is anti-climactic which kinda sucks, but I can't really imagine how they could end this movie in any satisfying way.

The Story of the Weeping Camel (2004)

This is kind of of a mixture of documentary and reality TV (if you can imagine reality TV being actually real). If you have a low attention span I wouldn't recommend this movie. But if you can allow yourself to relax and experience the stunning visuals of the the Mongolian desert allow yourself into the lives of the people who live there you may get to experience a Zen erection. The is movie shows an amazing symbiotic relationship between people and their animals, and an awesome treat at the end that I won't spoil that will make you say, "Wow." Someday I'd like to watch this movie again while lying naked on lavender pillows with Tony Romo rubbing sensual oils all over my body.

Mr. Blonde 11-26-2007 06:44 PM

I've heard nothing but good things about No Country, especially the hitman. He sounds fucking awesome.

tonguegina 11-26-2007 08:57 PM

You'd definitely dig it, Blonde. Check it out.

Cocktooth 11-26-2007 10:59 PM

I have heard the same things about No Country. I might have to go check that out this weekend.

Orgazmo 11-26-2007 11:42 PM

Beowulf

Sexy fucking movie. I saw it in 3d at the IMAX. I'm sure this made it better than normal. Especially looking at sexy CG Angelina Jolie standing in front of me...completely nude save some delicately placed silt.

Hitman

Fucking solid film. Kind of a mix of Bond & Bourne Identity. Definitely fun to watch.

Fred Claus

If you're a Vince Vaughn fan (who isn't?), you'll definitely enjoy this. It was pretty funny...but I'm guessing it's one of those movies that gets funnier with each viewing. Time will tell.

St. Anky 12-03-2007 02:39 PM

Gaz, gotta agree with you on Hitman.

As for Fred Claus.

Fuck, Vince Vaughn. I have yet to see him in a movie where he holds character for more than 2 min in one scene. Every movie he's in takes about 40 second shots.

Seriously, go watch a Vince Vaughn flick, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Ugly Bastard 12-03-2007 04:45 PM

I didn't like No Country for Old Men. As for Hitman, I'm excited to see it. The marketing with Ave Maria as a soundtrack was pretty gripping.

f3lix 12-04-2007 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard (Post 358915)
The marketing with Ave Maria as a soundtrack was pretty gripping.

Agree 100%

THEINCREDIBLEdork 01-21-2008 09:11 AM

anyone seen Juno? this movies hilarious so far

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=23003

DJ FC 01-21-2008 12:47 PM

I saw Juno, very witty.

But what blew my mind was Cloverfield. I read that people didnt like it online, but they had to be morons. It fucking rocks! It avoids the traditional good vs. evil... it's pretty much just evil being evil. Fucking awesome movie.

Mr. Blonde 01-21-2008 01:29 PM

I saw a really good movie that came out in 2005 last night on TV called The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. It stars Tommy Lee Jones and Barry Pepper, and it's about this ranch hand (Jones) who's illegal immigrant friend is wrongfully killed by a Border Patrol Agent (Barry Pepper), and the Border Patrol and local sheriff have a whole blue code of silence thing so they don't really pursue the crime. Jones is just a poor simple farm hand (and half insane almost) and kidnaps Pepper and forces him to come with him to Mexico to bury Estrada in his hometown, and on the way they experience a bunch of surreal and ironic experiences in the desert. It's a really good movie, it was on the Starz Western or whatever the channel is called, so if you guys have it you should check it out sometime.

http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medi...2/18605817.jpg

Niger Angelus 01-21-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEINCREDIBLEdork (Post 360388)
anyone seen Juno? this movies hilarious so far

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=23003

Thanks for the link.

SittinOnDubsWGW 01-21-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George W. Bush (Post 360389)
But what blew my mind was Cloverfield. I read that people didnt like it online, but they had to be morons. It fucking rocks! It avoids the traditional good vs. evil... it's pretty much just evil being evil. Fucking awesome movie.

Overall I enjoyed Cloverfield.

There was a lot that I didn't like about it, such as I really didn't care about the characters at all. Hud was the only person that was really all that likeable. The ending sucked. It just ends, it answers nothing as to where it came from, how it came to be or anything of that nature.

I think it would've been sick to see it from the perspective of the military, and how they plan to attack it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde (Post 360391)
I saw a really good movie that came out in 2005 last night on TV called The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada.

I've heard that this movie was really good, and plan on watching it soon.

Orgazmo 01-21-2008 11:54 PM

I saw There Will Be Blood this evening.

Being that it stars Daniel Day Lewis (Bill Cutting from Gangs of New York), my hopes were through the roof. Coming away, I found the movie to be a slight letdown. Nevertheless, his performance was god damned amazing and I loved his character. At over 2.5 hours, it was still a delightful film that held my attention very well. I'd suggest it.

Niger Angelus 01-22-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SittinOnDubsWGW (Post 360397)
Overall I enjoyed Cloverfield.

There was a lot that I didn't like about it, such as I really didn't care about the characters at all. Hud was the only person that was really all that likeable. The ending sucked. It just ends, it answers nothing as to where it came from, how it came to be or anything of that nature.

I think it would've been sick to see it from the perspective of the military, and how they plan to attack it.

They are making a sequel.

Wristcutters: A Love Story is pretty good.

Niger Angelus 01-22-2008 01:18 AM

They are planning a Cloverfield sequel I believe.

I really want to see There Will Be Blood, I saw the previews, it looks tight.

On a slower note, Wristcutters: A Love Story is pretty damn good.

THEINCREDIBLEdork 02-18-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orgazmo (Post 360400)
I saw There Will Be Blood this evening.

Being that it stars Daniel Day Lewis (Bill Cutting from Gangs of New York), my hopes were through the roof. Coming away, I found the movie to be a slight letdown. Nevertheless, his performance was god damned amazing and I loved his character. At over 2.5 hours, it was still a delightful film that held my attention very well. I'd suggest it.

finally saw this, thought the movie was sick and you should probably stop being a little bitch.

-His Majesty

Mr. Blonde 02-18-2008 05:19 AM

Stardust

cool movie. renting across the universe this week.

THEINCREDIBLEdork 07-24-2008 06:02 PM

I'm watching vanilla sky. Penelope Cru~ze might be mentally retarded.

Orgazmo 07-24-2008 07:33 PM

Mr. Brooks

Fucking phenomenal film. Kinda creepy and twisted. I loved the fuck out of it. Go see it.

ProfessorNumber 07-24-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orgazmo (Post 363670)
Mr. Brooks

Fucking phenomenal film. Kinda creepy and twisted. I loved the fuck out of it. Go see it.

Mr. Brooks was an excellent film -- a great commentary on addiction that's frighteningly easy to related to. While I wouldn't rank it in my top 10, I would go so far as to say that I loved it.

One movie I was somewhat dissappointed in was Stephen King's The Mist. One part of me really like it, and another part just felt like it was a total sack of shit. The character development is shallow, and the kill scenes aren't spectacular. The premise for the monsters' existence is explained in a mere 45 seconds of petty dialogue about 2/3 of the way through (basically, a military experiment opened the door to another dimension that had giant fucking spiders, mega land-living octupuses, and pterodactyls). And, as usual, Stephen King villifies Christianity and makes the religious nut give Christians a bad name. What a fucking surprise. Stephen King is a douche. Nonetheless, a part of me really liked the film, and in many ways I was drawn into it. For instance, I constantly found myself thinking about what I would do in many of the situations the protaganists encountered. Lastly, the ending was awesomely depressing. Seriously, it might have the most depressing ending I've ever seen (right up there with Requiem For a Dream).

THEINCREDIBLEdork 08-16-2008 04:15 PM

The Prestige

kickass movie. About two rival magicians. Adrian brodey and hugh jackman. CRRRREEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAM my pants!

Orgazmo 08-16-2008 04:28 PM

I loved The Prestige until it got all bullshitty with the teleportation stuff. At that point, it became meh for me.

THEINCREDIBLEdork 08-16-2008 07:28 PM

I'm tired of your filth.

Mr. Blonde 08-16-2008 09:12 PM

pretty sure adrian brody isn't in the prestige. Like, at all.