Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?

Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/index.php)
-   Reviews (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Game Reviews and Previews (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17629)

StabMaster Arson 03-22-2010 03:52 PM

Game Reviews and Previews

Do we really not have a place to review video games yet? I thought someone started a thread a while ago but didn't come up with anything when I searched... anyway, we have one now.

I just finished playing through Heavy Rain on the ps3 for a second time, I can't recommend it highly enough. You tend to watch the game more than actively playing, I liken it to a 'choose your own adventure' book. You play as a handful of different characters all with the common goal of catching a serial killer. It's a shorter game, only taking 6ish hours to complete... but the replayability is amazing, after playing through twice, I have only seen about 20% of the available scenes and I've already had 2 different outcomes w/ 2 different killers and there's already downloadable content available. as long as you're not put off by a shitload of cut-scenes, I'd say give this one a try.

Cocktooth 03-22-2010 05:40 PM

This not being on 360 hurts my heart. I've been told this game is simply amazing.

Orgazmo 03-22-2010 07:58 PM

Ya, looks badass. I'd like to give it a go.

I'm currently addicted to God of War III. The game is fucking phenomenal. And, like Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2, it's very story-heavy. The cutscenes come in and out seamlessly to weave the tale together. And I love it.

I'm not sure a game exists that can make a dork sitting on a couch feel like a badass quite as much as God of War. Nay, I don't think a character exists in all of videogames that is as much of a badass as Kratos. The guy is taking down gods, stripping them of their valuables to further his own cause. On top of this, he looks better than any character I've ever seen. The game is beautiful.

If you're a God of War virgin, do yourself a favor and dive on. Unless you don't like getting boners. If you don't like getting boners, go play something else.

DJ FC 03-23-2010 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StabMaster Arson (Post 389648)
Do we really not have a place to review video games yet? I thought someone started a thread a while ago but didn't come up with anything when I searched... anyway, we have one now.

I just finished playing through Heavy Rain on the ps3 for a second time, I can't recommend it highly enough. You tend to watch the game more than actively playing, I liken it to a 'choose your own adventure' book. You play as a handful of different characters all with the common goal of catching a serial killer. It's a shorter game, only taking 6ish hours to complete... but the replayability is amazing, after playing through twice, I have only seen about 20% of the available scenes and I've already had 2 different outcomes w/ 2 different killers and there's already downloadable content available. as long as you're not put off by a shitload of cut-scenes, I'd say give this one a try.

YouTube - Heavy Rain - Official E3 Trailer [HD]

Say Wha?

I played it twice and 90% of the content was the same, despite me trying my hardest to make the game different. And I've read online that the killer is always the same...

Dent 03-23-2010 06:30 AM

I'm playing Dante's Inferno, it's pretty much GOW3 but not quite as good, if you liked Devil May Cry, you should like Dante's Inferno
Also Heavy Rain is shit.

StabMaster Arson 03-23-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ FC (Post 389680)
Say Wha?

I played it twice and 90% of the content was the same, despite me trying my hardest to make the game different. And I've read online that the killer is always the same...

I had most of the same scenes toward the beginning but it got new pretty quick... as far as the killers, the final origami killer was the same in both but I had a copycat killer in one of the scenarios.

Dante's inferno is pretty epic... have you seen the devil's donger yet?

Fruitacious B 03-23-2010 10:17 PM

Final Fantasy XIII may be the best in the series. That is, if you've got the stones to get involved.

Agreed that Heavy Rain is badass. It reminded me of Indigo Prophecy, but infinitely better.

Fruitacious B 03-23-2010 11:05 PM

A List
-------

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
is better than Modern Warfare 2, imo.

Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly
Older game, in my top 5 of all time. Kind of hard to find these days.

Mega Man 9
New Mega Man, done in the classic NES-style, but incredibly harder to beat. Available on the Playstation Network. They also just released Mega Man 10

New Super Mario Bros.
It's the perfect adaptation of all of the best aspects of the classic Mario games. Anyone that says the Wii is not fun has not played this game...nor have they played Twilight Princess.

Electroplankton
Interactive music application. Also terribly hard to find.

Orgazmo 04-08-2010 02:57 PM

Red Dead Redemption is a game by Rockstar (GTA Series) that is coming out in May...and it looks fantastic.

Der Fuhrer 04-08-2010 03:25 PM

That does look pretty sweet. Although it's not as revolutionary as they claim...it's just another MMO game like WoW only for the consoles. It definitely looks awesome, but I doubt it will be able to compare to the glory that is WoW.

Fruitacious B 04-15-2010 07:43 AM

This looks pretty legit to me.

"Brink is an upcoming first-person shooter video game developed by Splash Damage set to release in Fall 2010. It offers team-based multiplayer missions with authored narratives, persistent player characters and an approachable nature. It is also developer Splash Damage's first original title as past titles were part of franchises.

In Brink, two sides, "Resistance" and "Security", fight in the outskirts of a utopian city known as The Ark, a floating city surrounded by the waters of a flooded Earth. The Ark was designed as a prototype of a perfect city, with renewable resources and no pollution, large enough to support 5,000 residents. Its population has grown to 50,000 however, leading it to the brink (hence the name of the game) of a civil war.

Brink features the SMART (Smooth Movement Across Random Terrain) Freerunning System. In a similar manner to Mirrors Edge, SMART lets players maneuver around environments in dynamic and unique ways all based on player position and immediate need. It has a story mode which can be played cooperatively online in missions with up to 8 players. Players can create custom characters with additional rewards bought with experience points. When joining a game, the player replaces an AI fighter.

Players are offered objectives that will award them with experience points if completed. When one player selects a particularly important objective, other team members are offered complementary objectives.

Brink's engine is based on id Tech 4 with a new rendering framework and improved support for multiple CPU cores."

Orgazmo 04-15-2010 11:06 AM

It'll never live up to the original.

Fruitacious B 04-15-2010 11:21 AM

When I first followed the link for the game trailer, that movie was all I could think of.

"I'm a Soul Skater"

Orgazmo 05-16-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orgazmo (Post 390442)
Red Dead Redemption is a game by Rockstar (GTA Series) that is coming out in May...and it looks fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvBhPAMDUAQ

^ This comes out Tuesday. If you pre-order through Amazon, they're giving a $20 gift card. That + no tax + free shipping (you'll have to wait a week) = good shit imo.

Saint DH 03-05-2011 11:07 PM

Mass Effect 2 has a mass effect on my boner.

I'm excited for Mass Effect 3 to come out. Bioware puts out some good shit.

thekremlin 10-30-2011 12:23 PM

http://www.nubblies.net/forums/Photo...um/batman1.jpg

Go buy this game right now.

I bought a PS3 pretty much just so I could own this game. It's filthy how good it is. The obvious appeal is the massive size of the city, and how much there is to do in it. It has a GTA-type feel to it, except you're fucking Batman, and instead of driving cars, you're jumping from roof to roof, swinging with your bat-claw, and gliding with the cape.

The part of the game that really gives me a boner is when you find a room with a dozen armed thugs, and you swing up to a gargoyle, hide from them, and pick them off one by one. You can hear them talking to each other, getting scared, and I swear to God you just feel like you really are Batman. I found myself, sitting alone in my living room, saying "Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot" and I wasn't being ironic, I was just totally caught up in it.

The story is pretty solid: below par for a comic but way above par for a video game. The voice acting is really good, I think they got the guy who has done Joker's voice for the cartoons for the past twenty years, which is pretty sweet. The fight system is fun, most of the time you fight three or four guys at a time but every once in a while it throws twenty thugs at you all at once, and it still works. The boss battles are decent but visually incredible. The Solomon Grundy fight was amazing.

The main story has a lot to do but it seems like there will be hundreds of hours of side quests. Any chance I had of going and getting a social life are pretty much shot.

Seriously, go buy this now.

vaga1220 10-30-2011 01:01 PM

Is there boob juggle?

Edit:

Jiggle. Is there boob Jiggle?

vaga1220 11-01-2011 09:24 PM

This was an unlockable video in God Of War called "Fate of the Titan"
Sony has started hiring for a new God Of War game which they've listed as a "Military Combat" Game.

I'm scared.

Orgazmo 11-02-2011 01:01 PM

The official trailer for GTA V has been released:

Ugly Bastard 11-02-2011 07:45 PM

Looks so badass. I love that it's based off of L.A. again. I feel like L.A. = best setting for GTA.

DDTempest 11-12-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekremlin (Post 419482)
http://www.nubblies.net/forums/Photo...um/batman1.jpg

Go buy this game right now.

I bought a PS3 pretty much just so I could own this game. It's filthy how good it is. The obvious appeal is the massive size of the city, and how much there is to do in it. It has a GTA-type feel to it, except you're fucking Batman, and instead of driving cars, you're jumping from roof to roof, swinging with your bat-claw, and gliding with the cape.

The part of the game that really gives me a boner is when you find a room with a dozen armed thugs, and you swing up to a gargoyle, hide from them, and pick them off one by one. You can hear them talking to each other, getting scared, and I swear to God you just feel like you really are Batman. I found myself, sitting alone in my living room, saying "Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot" and I wasn't being ironic, I was just totally caught up in it.

The story is pretty solid: below par for a comic but way above par for a video game. The voice acting is really good, I think they got the guy who has done Joker's voice for the cartoons for the past twenty years, which is pretty sweet. The fight system is fun, most of the time you fight three or four guys at a time but every once in a while it throws twenty thugs at you all at once, and it still works. The boss battles are decent but visually incredible. The Solomon Grundy fight was amazing.

The main story has a lot to do but it seems like there will be hundreds of hours of side quests. Any chance I had of going and getting a social life are pretty much shot.

Seriously, go buy this now.

I can't second anything said here enough ... game is fantastic ... my only complaint with the game is that I instinctively try to climb the buildings assassin's creed style but then I remember I'm the fucking Batman and I can take an express elevator to the top.

The combat is absolutely fantastic, there is literally nothing cooler in the history of videogames than dropping into a mob of a dozen guys and beating the shit out of them with your fists and boots. You would think that you would just be swinging blindly, but the animations connect every blow and syncs up your attacks based on your opponents posture, movement, etc

thekremlin 11-12-2011 08:50 AM

I bought MW3 and just want to play more batman.

ninjaface 11-12-2011 11:31 AM

I prepurchased it for PC. Which means I won't be able to play it until the 22nd or so.

Saint DH 11-12-2011 11:59 AM

Anybody played Skyrim yet? Came out yesterday and looks pretty badass. Will probably be game of the year.

Mr. Blonde 11-12-2011 09:46 PM

Looks cool, but honestly only bc of Reddit hype. My computer is pretty old (08-09 model), so I think i'm going to by Elder Scrolls: Oblivion which came out in 06 and start from there to see if I can get into this kind of game.