Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > Reviews

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache
Default Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos Debut

The day is here! Anyone have one of these yet? I haven't been hungry enough yet to eat the 5-6 of these I'll need to write a proper review. I will update late once I've done that. I refuse to order them any other way but "supreme" so if there are some sour cream haters out there, your input on the regulars is welcome.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

They actually came out yesterday for real "fans" (Untitled Document)

Nonetheless, I've yet to try, but am hoping to rectify that this evening. And I believe we're on the same page about the sour cream. It makes the taco.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Sour cream hater here. I'm also a Taco Bell hater quite frankly since it is garbage cleverly rearranged as food. But with that said I do enjoy punishing myself sometimes for some awful reason so I'll probably try one of these and shamefully sorta excited about it too.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute

WTF I was at Taco Bell yesterday for the sole reason that I had spent all day thinking about the CRDLT debut today, and as a result wanted Taco Bell in general. I'm going now. I'll be back with a review soon.

Unread 03-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

I'm on the edge of my god damned seat.
Unread 03-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Here it is:

It's possible that I may have hyped myself up too much for this. It was pretty good but I wouldn't say amazing. It basically tasted like a slightly saltier version of a regular Doritos Locos Taco. I could only really taste the cool ranch on certain bites.

I also was a little pissed because I went during a slow time and they still managed to half-ass the taco construction. I small pile of cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce only in the middle of the taco is just lazy. It should be spread out evenly. Have some fucking pride.

Unread 03-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

This is pretty much equal to when people tell smokers they shouldn't smoke, but goddamn, you guys really shouldn't be eating that shit.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Fuck you, Repug. Go save a tree or something.

My experience is similar:

The taco was, on the whole, not terribly different than the original Doritos Locos. I did notice that my lips and fingers tasted markedly different, though. This was pleasant, but not enough to flip my shit.

On the whole, I probably prefer it to the former, but not quite to the point that I prefer to prefer it. I wanted to like it more than I do.

Contrary to your experience, mine was perhaps the best-constructed taco from my local Taco Bell that I've had in recent memory. I ordered a single taco, and the heft was astounding--to the point where it actually greased out of the bottom of the shell by the time I got around to eating it. Ample beef, lettuce, and, most of all, sour cream. A perfect taco.

All in all, it's good. It's very good. And I'm happy it exists. But it's not quite a revolution, and, as such, it isn't quite as good as I would have hoped.
Unread 03-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

go save a tree and leaf

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

Do these taco shells have the flavorless powder on them?
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

After my years of partying, I can only seem to snag Taco Bell maybe once a year. I ate it so much in my early 20's, I can't do it anymore. I might try this taco, but I would prefer grabbing 2 chicken tacos and a bean plate from my local taco truck!

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

I had a doritos taco not too long ago and I was hoping for better. I'd be pretty excited to try this one next time I'm home. Looks delicious. I really love Taco Bell.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgazmo View Post
Fuck you, Repug. Go save a tree or something.

My experience is similar:

The taco was, on the whole, not terribly different than the original Doritos Locos. I did notice that my lips and fingers tasted markedly different, though. This was pleasant, but not enough to flip my shit.

On the whole, I probably prefer it to the former, but not quite to the point that I prefer to prefer it. I wanted to like it more than I do.

Contrary to your experience, mine was perhaps the best-constructed taco from my local Taco Bell that I've had in recent memory. I ordered a single taco, and the heft was astounding--to the point where it actually greased out of the bottom of the shell by the time I got around to eating it. Ample beef, lettuce, and, most of all, sour cream. A perfect taco.

All in all, it's good. It's very good. And I'm happy it exists. But it's not quite a revolution, and, as such, it isn't quite as good as I would have hoped.
I agree with all of this. I forgot to mention the finger tasting. I wonder if the reason it doesn't taste that much different from the original DLT is that all of the cool ranch gets brushed off onto your hands. It was a pretty intense concentration on my finger tips.

Oh and I didn't mean to say that my taco was particularly lacking in ingredients, more that it was all just piled in the same spot in the middle. Like they made it in some insane taco construction speed race where quality of placement matters little.

Unread 03-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironic Mustache View Post
Here it is:
omnomnom cardboard with salad
So they put the same kind of powder that they put on crisps on the taco or is the meat mix different from regular taco bell tacos?
I tried to make nachos with doritos and found the coating overpowering, can't see it being any better on a taco unless it's to disguise poor meat quality.
+1 for sour cream
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

We should make a thread about getting food from garbage bins next.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 03:04 AM   #16 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

It's much worse than poor quality meat. It's all filler and no meat. It's fucking disgusting but it tastes so good...like your mum's pussy.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Lol, crisps. I think the key to eating these things is to use the sleeve as a utensil. I hypothesize that the bulk of the cool ranch seasoning will stay on the taco that way. It is an untested theory at this point, but I've already had Taco Bell twice this week so should probably wait a bit. Gaz you only had one, you can probably try again.

Unread 03-11-2013, 12:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

I'll give these a shot next time I hit Taco Bell. Sad to hear they aren't living up to the hype.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

I've enjoyed the taco twice more since the initial post. The first time I was piss drunk and do not remember, so I cannot comment. F3lix did the same, though. Do you have any comment, sir?

The second was ice cold from my refrigerator the next afternoon. Cold Taco Bell used to be a pleasure of mine, but, recently, it's fallen out of my repertoire--almost like it's god damned disgusting or something. Nonetheless, I gave my drunkenly-chilled tacos a whirl the next day and, to my surprise, they were pretty good. I was very cognizant of my finger placement during the eating and I'm not entirely sure it helped a bit, but I did thoroughly enjoy the taco. I think it was simply because my expectations were tempered and, rather than expecting unicorn blood, I simply expected a good-tasting taco--exactly what I got. The shell really came through, and I enjoyed the experience.
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Something about that packaging makes me think of a realized version of Hollywood's vision of the future. Doesn't that taco look like something Marty McFly would have eaten in Back to the Future 2?

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 02:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

What an apt observation.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute

Cold Taco Bell sounds absolutely fucking terrible. And I love Taco Bell.
Unread 03-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Yesterday I finally got around to round 2 of the CRDLT trials. It was actually better this time. While Gaz' experience differs a bit, I found that using the sleeve to keep the Cool Ranchiness on the shell seemed to work pretty well. I definitely had a much more enjoyable experience this time. I think I'll be adding one of these to my order from now on. On a related note, I love this guy:

Unread 03-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

I've had another foray myself, this time side-by-side with the original locos.

After ordering, I waited a decent bit before eating. To my surprise, the Cool Ranch Locos were crunchy as can be while the original Locos were soggy as shit.
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Just had them. I was lucky and it seemed as it was the best prepared Taco Bell tacos ever. I used the sleeves per the recommendations above. I like them better than the original Locos. I still prefer the Volcano tacos the most.