Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Sports

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-07-2004, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Due to the fact that DJFC's thread of identical topic contained no content, I've decided to start the third annual thread of my own.

Up till today, I was about 95% sure the Cubs would be winning the World Series in 2005. Today, that number grew to 100% with the signing of Nomar Garciaparra!

Now, I think we're all mature enough to admit that everyone knew I was just kidding when I said the Cubs would win the World Series in 2003 and 2004. But friends, I think it's time to put the tomfollery aside, and realize that this year, I'm not fucking around one bit.

The Cubs will be putting the greatest team ever assembled on the baseball diamond. Not only will this team be World Series Champions in 11 short months, but they will also probably break a slew of single season team records, such as...well every record that can possibly be broken.

My apologies to Red Sox fans for the cementing of the fact that you will never get your franchise player back, and also that you will not be repeating as World Series champs. Maybe in another 80 years or so...

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2004, 12:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
I'll give you 5:1 that they don't.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2004, 12:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

I will take that bet so God damn fast. 5:1? Are you out of your God damn mind?

Let's chalk up a bet, friend.

-Ugly Bastard
Unread 12-08-2004, 01:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
How's $20 sound? That way it's not too out of line for me...just in case hell freezes over.
Unread 12-08-2004, 01:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

That's the exact number I was thinking.

Can we assume this post is a binding agreement? If the Cubs win the World Series, you owe me $100, if they do not (which they won't), I owe you $20.

Yes?

-Ugly Bastard
Unread 12-08-2004, 01:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

We have an accord.
Unread 12-08-2004, 01:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina
Witness.
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2004, 01:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hey guys. I just got great news.

By early November of 2005, I'm going to be winning a $100 bet! Want to know why? Because I got 5:1 odds on the Cubs winning the World Series, and I bet the maximum, $20. Every sane human knows the odds on the Cubs winning the World Series should be even money!!!

Suckers!!!

-Ugly Bastard
Unread 12-08-2004, 01:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

I'm going to take the $20 that I'm going to win from you and, right this very second, make a bet on the Cubs to win the world series on Tradesports.com (where I get 9:1 odds).

If the cubs don't win, you'll give me $20...and I'll give Tradesports $20. If the cubs do win, I'll give you $100 and Tradesports will give me $180.

I win!
Unread 12-08-2004, 02:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina
Hahaha...nice work 'gaz.

Percentage?
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2004, 09:23 AM   #11 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Oh i cant wait to smell the freshly cut grass at wrigley....it is time....Cubbies will win....the time has come!!!!

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2004, 01:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
<font color="red">BACK TO BACK WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS
BOSTON RED SOX</font>

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2004, 06:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
Quote:
Originally posted by VOL:
<font color="red">BACK TO BACK WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS
BOSTON RED SOX</font>
You can't be serious.
Unread 12-10-2004, 07:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Carlos Beltran....Could he be wearing a Chicago Cubs uni next season..It appears the Owners of the Chicago Tribune seems like they are willing to shell out the dough to get him..ohhh!

Unread 12-10-2004, 09:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaw:
Carlos Beltran....Could he be wearing a Chicago Cubs uni next season..It appears the Owners of the Chicago Tribune seems like they are willing to shell out the dough to get him..ohhh!
Oh Holy Fuck. I would absolutely accept not having Sammy Sosa on the Cubs next year if it meant having Carlos Beltran.

Oh Holy Fuck.

!!

This has been a nice day. A good day.

-Ugly Bastard

[ December 10, 2004, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Bastard ]
Unread 12-18-2004, 10:50 AM   #16 (permalink)

VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
How are you guys going to get to the World Series when my Red Sox have Matt Clement?

Unread 12-18-2004, 03:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
How are you guys going to get to the World Series when my Red Sox have Matt Clement?
Very very easily. He was their 5th starter anyway.

I'll say hi to Nomar for you.

-Ugly Bastard
Unread 12-18-2004, 03:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

Go ahead. I'll say hello to the World Series trophy for him.

Unread 12-18-2004, 03:46 PM   #19 (permalink)

FINE MOTHERFUCKER! I'LL SAY HI TO THE WORLD SERIES TROPHY AFTER THIS YEAR FOR CLEMENT! YEAH! BITCH! YOU WANNA DO THIS? WE CAN GO ON ALL DAY LIKE THIS, MOTHERFUCKER! THE CUBS WILL WIN THE WORLD SERIES THIS YEAR, OK! JUST BE NICE. GOD. QUIT BEING SUCH A TRUMPING-TOM, I DON'T NEED IT. AND NEITHER DO THE CUBS. GOSH.

-Ugly Bastard
Unread 12-18-2004, 04:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

I accept your apology.

Unread 01-29-2005, 05:08 AM   #21 (permalink)

CUBS GOT RID OF SOSA THEY'RE GOING ALL THE WAY MARK MY WORDS MOTHERFUCKERS YEEHAW!

-Ugly Bastard
Unread 01-30-2005, 12:17 AM   #22 (permalink)

I still don't see that happening.. its a proven fact that if your team is cursed you must get rid of Nomar before you can win a World Series. Although, nice job on slashing ticket sales with losing Sosa.

Unread 01-30-2005, 07:26 AM   #23 (permalink)

STFU VOL, you don't even know...

-Ugly Bastard
Unread 01-30-2005, 02:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
Quote:
Although, nice job on slashing ticket sales with losing Sosa.
Wrigley Field will never have a problem filling seats, that's half the problem... like Boston, they don't have enough of them
Unread 01-31-2005, 03:16 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I still don't see that happening.. its a proven fact that if your team is cursed you must get rid of Nomar before you can win a World Series. Although, nice job on slashing ticket sales with losing Sosa.
i will buy more tickets now that we dont have that fuck up...GOOOO CUBBIES..tickets on sale feb. 25th!