Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?

Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Clarett out for 6 games... (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14805)

BrassMonkees 08-26-2003 01:22 AM

Clarett got suspended for 6 games by ohio st. His dad says that he will leave after his junior year.

Now here's what I'm thinking about this. I know that they ahve two back-up running backs that can step in and almost take his place. you can't just replace a heisman front-runner like clarett. Anyway, I am going to say that they will be hurt by this obviously. Im even going to say that they will lose at least once in their first 6 games, crippling their chances at a national championship. They are being bombarded with media about this, causing them to lose a little concentration. Plus they lose a great player. Also, they aren't going to get as many lucky breaks as they did last year. More importantly, all of these will hurt their chances at playing against: wisconsin, n.c. state, and a very tough wisconsin team. I just can't see them getting through those 6 games without a loss.

your move buckeye

*on a side note, Ohio state gets to pick the 6 games that clarett will miss. this still doesn't change my opinion that they will come away with a loss because of htis

[ August 26, 2003, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: BrassMonkees ]

Alpha 08-26-2003 01:32 AM

I'm going to interject... I think Ohio State can still have a superior running game. Clarett wasn't the only reason he had so many yards, obviously he had some big ass guys protecting him and clearing the way. I'm sure they'll be fine.

On a side note... He deserves it. If the accusations are true that is, i don't remember him denying it. So basically, it's Ohio State's fault for the consequences of what happened. You shouldn't treat athletes better than the normal student. He may be a god, but that all changes when it gets to class, he should be treated as an equal. Life sucks for him.

VOL 08-26-2003 09:09 PM

I'm gonna have to say that, although it has been stated already, Ohio State can win without Clarett and they will. He is a talented back, however, Ohio State still has other guys who will step up in other positions. I'm sure Buckeye will give us all we need to know about this one. Also Clarett will not amount to anything in the NFL if he goes early.

Fruitacious B 08-27-2003 12:14 AM

What'd he do?

BrassMonkees 08-27-2003 12:31 AM

academic fraud mainly. plus he drove a rented car for free i believe.

Fruitacious B 08-27-2003 12:32 AM

damn him to hell, what a slimy fucker.

In all seriousness, I could really care less for the guy.

Schroeder 08-27-2003 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fruitacious B:
In all seriousness, I could really care less for the guy.
So does that mean you care a lot. I think you should have said, " I couldn't care less. ". This also happens to be a major part of a Seinfeld episode.

the_butcher 08-27-2003 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Schroeder:
So does that mean you care a lot. I think you should have said, " I couldn't care less. ".
If people really cared what you think, they would have already killed themselves for even thinking it. If grammar help was asked for, then so be it. But since it wasn't, go kill yourself.

BrassMonkees 08-27-2003 06:24 PM

schroeder always finds a way of ruining threads

Alpha 08-27-2003 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BrassMonkees:
schroeder always finds a way of ruining threads
Truer words are only uttered in secret.

buckeye 08-31-2003 01:43 AM

alright first off brass monkees the supension is still in debate, so nothing is set in stone as of yet.

secondly rather than make further speculations about a team before they've even played a game, i delayed this post till after i saw my buckeyes play. If you watched the OSU vs Washington game, they dominated, trashed, and raped the Huskies. Krenzel was a solid passer for his first game, the combo of maurice, and lydell worked quite nicely with help from a very talented O-Line. Defensively, i feel sorry for any team having to face the front 4, they are just as good if not better than the 4 they had last year. The rookie linebackers, and conerbacks did very well, especially given the nature of Washington's offense, the turned the Heisman contenders into pretenders. Overall iwas extremely pleased, OSU will be fine no matter how many games #13 is suspended, and when he comes back, heh, wow, bring body bags for the opposing defense.

[ August 30, 2003, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: buckeye ]

VOL 08-31-2003 11:33 AM

Buckeye, really. Come on Ohio State went up against Washington. Where are the tough non-conference games on their schedule. Being in the Big Ten is the only thing that keeps Ohio State in contention for anything. Playing and Beating Washington is like playing Licoln Elementary school. I don't doubt their talent, I just don't think they have enough to repeat. with or without Clarett.

buckeye 08-31-2003 01:08 PM

hahahhaahahhahahahahahhaha, wow, Vol, you obviously didnt watch any of that game, or of College Gameday. Washington was ranked 19th and their quaterback Cody Pickett, and their leading reciever Reggie Williams were pre season heisman favorites.

They have plenty of talent, returning O-Line, an unstoppable D-Line, Great Recievers, and a good seasoned quaterback, if you throw #13 in the mix they cant be beat. As Lee Corso said it, "if you want to beat the buckeyes, bring your A++ game"

Also taking about tough non conference games, who did tenneseee play??? Fresno State?? Wow thats a tough unranked opponent right there.

VOL 08-31-2003 02:02 PM

Now Buckeye... i know you have been a long time fan of Ohio State.. however Lee Corso is just jumping on the OSU bandwagon. Please next time you want to prove something to VOL, don't use Lee Corso's name... He doesn't show the proper teams respect. He's the worst analyst on College Gameday. Kurt knows what he is talking about.

And if The Vols and Bucks meet in the national championship.. (highly unlikely) we'll finally be able to prove to Nubblies and the world who is better.

buckeye 08-31-2003 05:39 PM

hmmm well it seemed to me as if ALL of the analysts on college gameday and the ones at the ESPN studios, yes even trev alberts the anti Ohio State analyst, were all in agreement that they had an excellent team. They held Washington without a touchdown, until they put the second and third stringers in. Washington even started with the ball inside the 35 yard line on one occasion and couldn’t even manage to get a field goal (it was blocked).

“ They are as advertised. Big and powerful and quick and they have lots of athletes ”

"Their defensive front is tremendous," raved Gilbertson. "I have nothing but good things to say about Ohio State. They are going to win a lot of games."
— UW coach Keith Gilbertson

Any more futile arguments against OSU's performance???

[ August 31, 2003, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: buckeye ]

Fruitacious B 08-31-2003 06:07 PM

My prediction is that OSU will meet Miami in the national championship again, and that's where all hell will break loose.

VOL 08-31-2003 11:28 PM

Well I see I've been beaten here Buckeye.. so I'll just let the Big Ten do all the walkin' for my talkin' as Ohio state will lose at least two games in the big 10.

Schroeder 09-01-2003 04:32 PM

If you are right, VOL, it will be because Ohio State beat themselves, not because another team beat them. I seriously doubt if they will lose two games in the BIG 10. They will have competition, but they will probably come out on top.

VOL 09-02-2003 12:39 PM

Ohio State will be upset.. I know it.