View Single Post
Unread 03-26-2003, 05:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
StDx

Internets: 306
StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to StDx
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Orgazmo:
If people don't think we should go to war, good for them...but, now that we have gone to war, to not support us is to oppose us.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wrong. Why do some people see things in only black and white? There are many other options. Look around.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Whether you think it's right or not, it is here and it is reality. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are completely right, we are at war.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>There are people out there that have never met you...yet they are risking their lives to ensure your freedom remains.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wrong. Please see my last post then do a little research about why we are at war.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>removing a large threat to the United States and the rest of the world. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Riddle me this, why is Iraq the large threat? Why are we more threatened by Iraq's assumed weapons than we are by the KNOWN weapons of mass destruction possessed by 13 other countries. At least 16 countries have stronger ties to Al-Qaida than Iraq, but George II still chooses to bully them. You don't even have to take my word on this, the same basic thing was said by the United States State Department in a recent article in the New York Times.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You corrupt life back in America <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Once again, I disagree. I think that it would be more corrupt to sit back and accept that we are engaged in an unjust war... to accept that our troops will be killing innocent people... to accept that our troops will be killed and to not voice an opposition.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>[b]What the hell? You're an American. America is at war. Who's side are you on? If you don't like what your leader is doing...perhaps you should find a home somewhere else.[b]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I thought you were above using the redneck mantra of "love it or leave it". What's wrong with "love it and do your best to improve it"?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I hear France has some vacancies...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why is it "cool" to bash France now? I love France. True, they have screwed up more than once, and some of them can be annoying. But have you forgotten we wouldn't even have this country known as America if it weren't for the French? That it was their help in the Revolutionary War that won it for us? That our greatest thinkers and founding fathers -- Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, etc. -- spent many years in Paris where they refined the concepts that lead to our Declaration of Independence and our Constitution? That it was France who gave us our Statue of Liberty, a Frenchman who built the Chevrolet, and a pair of French brothers who invented the movies? And now they are doing what only a good friend can do -- tell us the truth about what's going on, straight-up, no bullshit. We should all quit pissing on the French and thank them for getting it right for once.

I guess governor bush makes fun of the French, so it's not only acceptable but patriotic to join in. Bush says we go to war, so we go and dare not oppose... lest we be thought of as less patriotic than the neighbors.
Blindly following a leader isn't always the best thing to do... remember the holocaust.

[This message has been edited by StDx (edited March 26, 2003).]
StDx is offline   Reply With Quote