View Single Post
Unread 03-26-2003, 09:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Orgazmo

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StDx
Riddle me this, why is Iraq the large threat?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr. Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including clear and distinct ties to al-Qaida. He also has been lying to the world for 12 years regarding weapons that his country possesses. Of course, we could choose to trust a bloodthirsty dictator...even though:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>He has already shot Scud missile at our troops...missiles that he says he doesn't have...
<LI>He possesses a "hospital" full of automatic weapons, 3,000 chemical suits, and many injections meant to counter the effects of nerve gas (even though he doesn't have chemical weapons)
<LI>He has advised his troops to use chemical weapons once US Troops have crossed an invisible line around Baghdad (again, the chemical weapons that he doesn't possess...according to his word for the past 12 years)
<LI>He possesses 26,000 liters of Anthrax...enough to kill several million people...
<LI>He has 38,000 liters of Botulinum Toxin, another biochemical weapon...
<LI>He has 500 tons of sarin, mustard gas, and VX nerve agents...
<LI>He has several mobile biological weapons labs (which he fails to disclose)
<LI>In the 90's, he had an advanced Nuclear Weaponry program, as well as a full design for a nuclear bomb and labs researching methods of enriching uranium
<LI>He told his scientists that they, along with their families, would be killed if they cooperated with UN officials
<LI>He blocked UN surveillance flights over certain areas...[/list]
Let's recap. There's a man that has an utter hatred for America. He has ties with terrorism in general, and direct ties to those responsible for the WTC attacks. Although he refuses to admit it, he has the means to conduct very large-scale attacks. In case you don't trust your country's intelligence, Saddam proved his lying by using weapons that he supposedly didn't have just a few days into the war. Also, he has been pushing to develop even more weapons of mass destruction...

In a nutshell, an iron-fisted madman with the means to do so would like to destroy America. This is a guy that has ordered a picture of Bush Sr. to be put underneath an entrance to Iraq's finest hotel so that any going through will walk on his face. Why are they such a large threat? Yeah...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Wrong. Why do some people see things in only black and white? There are many other options. Look around.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right here. I was speaking about the public displays against the war...as opposed to a person simply not supporting the war. I still stand by my opinion that public anti-war protests are opposing America, though...which ties into my other refuted point, that the public antiwarheros are corrupting the US. You can't honestly tell me that people blocking traffic, shitting on roads, chaining themselves across New York's busiest roads is helping us out...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Blindly following a leader isn't always the best thing to do... remember the holocaust.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fruitlessly attempting to appease & contain a well-armed & anti-American dictator for years also isn't the best thing to do. Of course I remember the Holocaust...and I'm glad that my country is doing what it can to ensure that history doesn't repeat itself.

[This message has been edited by Orgazmo (edited March 26, 2003).]