View Single Post
Unread 12-04-2005, 04:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
tonguegina
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina
Today was the first big snow of the year. Somehow the great minds that run this God forsaken place have once again forgotten that it snows in Indiana. Every year this happens. We have a big snow and people are like "Oh fuck. What do we do? What do we do?" PLOW, MOTHER FUCKERS.

Today my family celebrated my sister's birthday in Fort Wayne. For those of you not familiar with the Indiana Highways, a trip from Muncie to Fort Wayne takes almost exactly 1 hour (today it took me 1:05 to get from Muncie to Fort Wayne) and is all on one road, I-69. After the festivities, I met up with some friends. At about 9 o'clock EST, it began to snow. Nothing shocking to me, it's December in Indiana. Around 11 o'clock EST, I was ready to leave. "The highway department has had two hours to begin clearing the roads," I thought, " and I-69 is the busiest road in the state. It has to be pretty travelable." So, that is where my journey began. Fort Wayne to Muncie. The roads had not been cleared. That 1 hour trip turned into a 2+ hour trip (I arrived home after 1 am EST).

During the entire trip I saw 4 snow plows, each in groups of two. The first two weren't doing anything. In fact, both had their plows up, not even touching the ground. Let me ask you a question...why is this? Even if they were just in transit (en rout if you will), why wouldn't they have them down for good measure? Do a good deed on your way. The second group I saw were in Muncie. Were they clearing off 332, the main strip in Muncie? No. They were plowing the side road that leads to Wal-Mart. Yeah, these people know what's important...and of course, what do I see as the second truck in this tandem passes? Sparks. That's right, in typical Muncie fashion, even their plows are pieces of shit.

I will give the people in charge some breathing room here. It is the first snow of the season. However, once you factor in the fact that it is December, I feel all is fair. If this were September and a freakish cold front came out of nowhere and even the weather broadcasters didn't see it...I might be able to let it fly. Instead it's December, in a state that everybody knows gets snow, on a day that snow was in the forcast. I hate this place.
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote