Thread: Veganism
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 07:59 AM   #44 (permalink)
Mr. Blonde
Spice Master

Internets: 275079
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Fuhrer View Post
There you go with that holothetic logic again. Species die out because their niche collapses, or they are run out of it by another species.
Like...humans? Because we have a tendency to "run them out of their niche"? (during the frontier settling of America, how much cattle grazing land did we take over?) Or because we hunted them nearly to extinction? (now, it wasn't SOLELY hunting but there are a lot of non-food animals who have survived just fine even with negative human interference. to infer that cattle would have gone extinct without humans to "keep them alive" is asinine.)

Quote:
Many moons ago, cows were running around free and happy being eaten by wolves and humans alike (we were hunters back then, and nomadic). Then something terrible happens. The wild cows' niche begins to collapse, and they are dying off through starvation and other means, oh no!
What other means could you be thinking of? Like hunting? Hunting by humans?

Quote:
To say that humans caused the extinction of wild bovine is absurd.
You sir, are a dumb fuck.

The time of me being a fucking idiot is mostly over. I'd appreciate if some of you assholes gave me a fucking bit of intellectual credit. Go fuck yourselves.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 08-20-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote