Thread: The Universe
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Der Fuhrer
The Final Solution

Internets: 5464
Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute

I was doing some book learnin' today about electromagnetism, which is one of the four forces of the universe. Personally, I find electromagnetism and electricity to be one of the most fascinating things on Earth. It's ability to transfer not only power but also information is quite amazing in my opinion. Anyways, as is probably well-known (hopefully), the Earth emits a magnetic field around its atmosphere. I believe its refereed to as the magnetosphere or something like that. Basically this magnetic shield protects us from massive, radioactive ejaculates from the sun. Some suggest that Mars may have once been a lot like Earth, but without a magnetosphere the solar ejaculates tore away at its atmosphere until it was left a barren wasteland. The magnetic field surrounding the Earth will one day die out but not for a long time, so we don't have to worry about that happening just yet. What we do have to worry about is the polarity of the magnetic field changing, which will leave the magnetosphere down for several days, or longer. This happens every few thousand years I believe, and we are well overdue.

Another potential problem is that a highly concentrated mega blast of solar ejaculate (solar flares) could overwhelm the magnetic field and we would be vulnerable. Something like this happened in the 90s in northern Canada. I believe they were without power for several days. Another incident is reported happening in 1889, the biggest incident of this type ever recorded. All of the telegraph lines surged and that infrastructure was destroyed. Reports claim that northern lights could be seen as far south as Cuba during this "storm". The main concern with this disaster is not that it will burn, destroy, and kill everything in its path, but it will cause massive power surges that will cause every power transformer to explode. This would destroy the entire infrastructure, and since many of the other infrastructures such as drinking water, gasoline pumps, etc rely on electricity to work, we'd all be ass-fucked. A large power transformer takes about 6 months to build, so that's months with no power, no water, no fuel, etc. Smaller cities would take even longer. In fact it would take decades to get the entire infrastructure rebuilt. Personally, I believe the destruction of the power grid due to this catastrophe is likely preventable, and experts are working on it right now. No solution is yet in order.

Das Dritte Reich wird wieder auferstehen!
Der Fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote