View Single Post
Unread 07-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #41 (permalink)
Saint DH

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
Absorbs none of your downsides? Like your house catching on fire? Crime? Roads going to shit? DO YOU LIKE FUCKING ROADS? How about absorbing the brunt of any foreign nation's aggression? Does that count as a downside? How about when you are old and worthless and contribute nothing to society but your ill health and your fond memories of when the country "used to be" a better place? Is that fucking downside?

Yeah, that tax money is just absorbing all your upsides and none of your downsides ... lets not talk about creating jobs, for example: accountants.

When I'm refering to upside and downside, I'm talking about when you're making money and when you're losing money. I look at this from the standpoint of a business owner. When you lose money, the most you can do is a loss carryback for two years. You can do a loss carry forward, but that's only going to help if you start making money again. I guess, if you're paying the AMT, that you can do a NOL deduction. This is very little downside absorption.

As far as your talk of job creation goes, give me a fucking break. The government creates regulation which costs businesses billions of dollars. Oh, but yes, they must hire more people to follow these regulations.

I like how you assume that I will ever receive medicare or social security when I'm older. Fat chance that'll happen.

Last edited by Saint DH; 07-09-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote