View Single Post
Unread 10-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #1291 (permalink)
Mr. Blonde
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

CLIFFS:

Repug: "We can't know everything because science has it's limits. The fact that I believe that science has such limits [currently] and can't [currently] measure the divine which I believe must exist in order to make my life seem less meaningless, helps me immensely to cope with existential problems in life. I don't think atheism has the answer, nor do I believe that traditional religion has the answers as well. I have "graduated" to a higher plane of philosophical thinking and am going to stay here even though it provides no other answers whatever, only more questions. Not only that, but the questions it raises are completely and utterly outside the range of both philosophy and science's capabilities to answer, if answering them is even possible. Which is odd because you think that would bother me even more in dealing with existential questions."

Blonde: "There is no evidence to suggest that there is anything supernatural in existence, and Repug (and many others) have failed to provide any such evidence. I would change my worldview if solid scientific evidence were presented, because that is the nature of a rational, scientific mind. I do not fall for the attractive and convoluted philosophical arguments that Repug presents, because he seems to think that the human mind and the way that it thinks has less limits than science, even though the study of the brain itself falls perfectly under the realm of science (even though we do not know nearly enough about it.....yet. This is a problem because Repug seems to believe that because the human mind is so complex, that it must have some sort of spiritual and ethereal plane that science is not privy to, despite the massive advancements we have made in neuroscience."

Repug: : Blonde

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote