View Single Post
Unread 08-28-2014, 12:23 PM   #306 (permalink)
Mr. Blonde
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Welp. lmk when a scrub jay composes a goddamn symphony.

I'm just a speculation/idea guy. I'm much more interested in finding the key to why humans are so far advanced compared to any other animal when it comes to all the complex mind-business I mentioned before.

Even if it has nothing to do with the environment (which would be a pretty silly stance to take, being that we literally come out of the environment) --- let's say that we let Scrub Jays evolve another few million years and they start inventing language, tools, music, etc.

Why would evolution lean towards those traits? Metaphysics aside, dealing strictly with DNA, the fundamental intelligence-basis for biology (that we know of as of yet), what is the purpose? WHAT IS IT ALL FOR, GUYS????

What is the DNA-based motive/evolutionary advantage/trigger that develops Math, Abstract Conceptualization, etc. (and, in particular interest to me, Music), compared to other animals?

Granted, birds "sing" (music), and birds "build" (bowers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurama
All civilization was just an effort to impress the opposite sex ... and sometimes the same sex.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote