View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2016, 05:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Dent
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

We will soon have ways to reduce suffering massively, crispr technology is a game changer.
I do help animals sometimes, acting as a multiplier os best for now though.
I don't see how there could be more suffering today unless computers feel.
Human suffering doesn't have to perpetuate suffering, how many people that commit suicide would take the world with them if they could? Human suffering will soon be a massive existential risk.
Look at what's happened to the world recently, it's not slowing down besides some bumps in the road. It's the best of times.
Nubblies is a guilty pleasure, not a complete waste of time though.
Read the gene drives site pls
Onwards and upwards.
Disagree that all cruelty is from malicious people, take Orgazmo and anyone else that funds the death camps as an example, they're mostly just ignorant.
Veganism is on the rise massively worldwide, especially in developed countries.
You're right that intervention in nature is tricky, starting with academia but also kind people that can pull animals trapped in ice lakes and such is a good start.
It's much easier to reduce suffering in non humans than humans, lots of non human suffering is low hanging fruit and a small number of people can make a huge difference.
Mercy killing, rescuing trapped animals, animal hospitals and so on.
Working with a lawyer at the moment to push different methods of killing animals, different pesticides etc are millions of times more effective than putting worms out of their misery. We're working on a rights for primates initiative at the moment. Spoke with two barristers yesterday at a café in Fleet Street.
Last weekend we gathered 1300 signatures from a vegan festival, currently I'm on a coach to another one with the same purpose.
Vegans are ineffective as fuck and steering them makes a huge difference.
Things are really bad but the group I'm in is the best in the world for reducing suffering.
https://sentience-politics.org

Last edited by Dent; 10-28-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote