Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Crazy Stuff > I'm Right, Fuck You

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2004, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

I believe in love.
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
I believe in balloons.

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina
"the energy around us"...like the force?
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Internets: 306
StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to StDx
Use the god, Luke
StDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

We need to get P'Chan back on here to explain to you guys why everything is a hologram. Then I can tell you about how everything is a hovercraft. Non-locality man.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

I believe in Santa Claus.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough

I don't believe in santa clause-
his corporate image forced upon
the blinded spending masses,
to enslave the lower classes
with obligatory gifts
that serve to cleanse a year of guilt and shame. one token gesture justifies the apathetic, hypnotized.
leaving them to be kris kringle's slaves.
buy! buy! i won't do it.
the seasons obligation has not my participation. buy! buy! i won't do it.
the money hungry mating call of corporate swine. cuz- it's only for the money! it's only for the money! it's only for the money! it's only for the money! now buy!
he monitors naughty and nice- big brother is st. nick!
methodically his judgment made documented on his list.
i- don't believe in santa clause or his mystical facade
to teach the children wanton greed,
they're lust for gifts becomes a need. brainwashed by the marketing and victims of the corporate scheme.
material possessions becoming they're obsessions till human life has lost it's value and you blindly do just what they tell you i don't believe!!!! his tactics of intimidation repress the minds of youth using fear for generations, his image hides the truth he's just a puppet for the system, a glutton in a suit with yuletide propaganda and a bearded mask to boot !
Old 02-02-2004, 09:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well fuck that then.

I believe in the Easter Bunny.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

much better
Old 02-03-2004, 01:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Location: that one place...you know, with the fire and damnation? oh yeh, hell.
the Butcher is on a distinguished road
Don't believe. Simple enough.

meet me at the corner of 5th and pontiac. and make sure that no one else is with you, if you wish to see them alive again.
the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 01:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

The only think I know is that I don't.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:47 AM   #13 (permalink)

long-since-forgotten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to long-since-forgotten
Does it ever seem to any of you that believing in something like a god is just a weakness? or something/someone to blame things on? please tell me I'm not alone on this...

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
long-since-forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 02:01 AM   #14 (permalink)

Have I considered it, yup.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:54 AM   #15 (permalink)

cough man is on a distinguished road
i believe in the perfectly non-racist Kitchen Fried Chicken

I hope you enjoy living on top of the world, when you die knowing you lived your life on your knees.
cough man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 05:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by long-since-forgotten:
Does it ever seem to any of you that believing in something like a god is just a weakness? or something/someone to blame things on? please tell me I'm not alone on this...
I believe that you and I once had this discussion, and yes, those are part of my views on religion in general. I shall elaborate at a later point.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 06:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ish...

silver and cold is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to silver and cold
I say I'm with long-since-forgotten and Mr. fruit on this one.

the killer in me is the killer in you.
silver and cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 08:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

Titan is on a distinguished road

I'm telling you... we're all hovercrafts.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:17 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by silver and cold:
I really would like to hear what the three of you have to say. Maybe a combined effort post from this little trio?
Old 02-04-2004, 01:00 AM   #20 (permalink)

victim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Pliedes:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by silver and cold:
I really would like to hear what the three of you have to say. Maybe a combined effort post from this little trio?</font>[/quote]Interesting idea... putting it all in one place would make it easier to refute

get off my internet!!!
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 01:39 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by victim:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pliedes:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by silver and cold:
I really would like to hear what the three of you have to say. Maybe a combined effort post from this little trio?</font>[/quote]Interesting idea... putting it all in one place would make it easier to refute </font>[/quote]Twas the idea. Three birds, one stone.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:04 AM   #22 (permalink)

Elegy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by long-since-forgotten:
Does it ever seem to any of you that believing in something like a god is just a weakness?
I agree with this sentence except for every part of it. Oh well, believe what you like.
Elegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
Ish...

silver and cold is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to silver and cold
I think he does!

the killer in me is the killer in you.
silver and cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:18 PM   #24 (permalink)

drumkideric is on a distinguished road
Does it ever seem to any of you that not believing in God is a weakness?

Rock On
drumkideric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 01:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

Okay here we go. Among my many views on religion, I have come to the conclusion that Christianity, and many of the religions related to it, were created as an excuse to explain the things that people can't themselves explain. Take, oh lets just say the creation of earth and everything contained within for example. Scientists create the Big Bang theory, but no, that won't work, why would someone believe that? Instead of just coming out and aknowledging the fact that we will never in our human lifetimes truly know how the hell we got here, or how the earth was created, Christians can easily explain it with a very mathmatical and not at all fairy tale-esque explanation....

"God created earth and everything contained within, and he did it in 6 days, while he rested on the 7th day."

Now, for someone such as myself, a person that likes to look at every possible viewpoint in such a matter as this, I take a step back and look at my options as to what I should believe. So far here are my options:
A) In a weird cosmic explosion from a black hole, the earth was created.
B) One divine being, God, in all of his power and majesty, created the earth and the heavens and the beings that live within....in six days.
C) I don't know, and I never will, and in the end, do I really care how the earth got here? It's here now, and so am I, and I'm doing okay as it is.

My answer would be C. Religion was created as an excuse to explain things that we cannot explain on our own. I believe that Christians are the most insecure group of people on the earth and that they're using their religion as a cover up for their inability to think for themselves. Generally speaking, humans have to have an explanation for everything. They need a fact or something of any nature to base a semi-reasonable, far-fetched answer to. They can't just accept that there are some things that they will never truly know, so they search for facts, and if they don't find any, they create their own answers. God is that answer. Quick scenario (on the topic of abortion...Dramatized for effect)....

Person A: "I'm pro choice. I think that if a woman wants an abortion, she should be able to get one, no questions asked. What's your stance, Person B?"
Person B: "You dirty bastard, I can't believe you'd ever support abortion of any kind."
Person A: "Why not?"
Person B: "Because abortion is wrong."
Person A: "Why?"
Person B: "Because God has a plan, and when a baby is created, even if it was unintended by the humans, it was a part of God's plan for the baby to be created and brought into this world. So abortion would be against the will of God, and it would also be against one of the ten commandments. "Thou shalt not murder.""
Person A: "Right........"
----End Conversation---- (Person A ended up clubbing Person B in the back of the skull with a tack hammer, it really was an interesting story.)

There you have it. I don't know how the earth got here, and I'm okay with that. I can create my own views on topics without using the bible as a crutch. I don't know why I'm here, and I don't truly know what's going to happen after I die, and I'm okay with not knowing, unlike others.

Fin

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote