Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?

Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/)
-   Sports (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   NBA Playoffs (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/sports/17275-nba-playoffs.html)

Cocktooth 05-22-2009 02:54 AM

NBA Playoffs

Wow it toke way to long, but apparently UB doesn't have enough cash involvoed.

I actually got a chat after tonights game with Stephan A Smith. I hate him more the I hate Onions, but he responded to about 5 of my 8 post regarding tonights game. His last response was, " Jerad, I agree with you, and that is sincere." I could careless if he meant that, but there was only one other person to confront me after that comment. Blonde, UB. BDH, check out my facebook. One guy has come about after that convo talking about the NBA. I love it. Could I have gotten to Stephan A Smith,? I doubt it, but I did a damn good job in tryin....

ps. I'm fucking hammered, but SAS chat and him responding 4 times to my responses is enough for me!

Cocktooth 05-22-2009 03:29 AM

Why I posted that and toke away from the NBA playoffs is beyond me. I really think this Darky is 30/70 SAS..... We shall see when it's all over.

Ugly Bastard 05-22-2009 07:31 AM

(FWIW, I've had a lot of money on the NBA playoffs so far; currently fading Lakers and Cavs in their respective series). So what's your take on things and how do you correspond with SAS?

Cocktooth 05-22-2009 01:12 PM

SAS and I were actually on the same page for the first time ever. I hoped onto his chat after the game, and we were pretty much head on with our thoughts. I even got him to hop off Kobe's jock strap for about 3 minutes. I was doing work!

The Cavs has to get someone to step up. Van Gundy has said let Lebron get his, but hold off Z and the rest of the cast. I think that will be a very long series, because Lebron will win a game or 2 by himself. I think the Cavs will still win in 6.

I think the Lakers are in trouble. Heading back to Denver and in reality they should be down 0-2. The only thing the Lakers have is every official in their pocket. Last night, they way they called the game early was a complete joke. The refs laid off of the whistle towards the end of the 1st half and the entire 2nd. That helps out Denver when they can beat on Kobe, Gasol and Odum. The Lakers are so damn soft it's unbearable.

BigDongedHoe 05-22-2009 01:43 PM

I think if the Nuggets get past L.A. they win it all. Otherwise I think the Cavs will beat L.A.

Repugnant Abomination 05-22-2009 04:14 PM

The Nuggets have been a big surprise. Major props to Billups. I think they have a much better shot at upsetting LA than Orland does at upsetting the Cavs. But I think it's Lebron's time. Kobe is at the end of his peak and Lebron is just beginning his.

LA or Denver, I think the Cavs take it in 7.

Repugnant Abomination 06-02-2009 10:13 PM

Well, so much for that theory.

Cocktooth 06-02-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaw (Post 380174)
SAS and I were actually on the same page for the first time ever. I hoped onto his chat after the game, and we were pretty much head on with our thoughts. I even got him to hop off Kobe's jock strap for about 3 minutes. I was doing work!

The Cavs has to get someone to step up. Van Gundy has said let Lebron get his, but hold off Z and the rest of the cast. I think that will be a very long series, because Lebron will win a game or 2 by himself. I think the Cavs will still win in 6.

I think the Lakers are in trouble. Heading back to Denver and in reality they should be down 0-2. The only thing the Lakers have is every official in their pocket. Last night, they way they called the game early was a complete joke. The refs laid off of the whistle towards the end of the 1st half and the entire 2nd. That helps out Denver when they can beat on Kobe, Gasol and Odum. The Lakers are so damn soft it's unbearable.

Yeah, still trying to remove foot from mouth!!! I'll still take Magic in 6 because of Stan the Man.

Dent 06-05-2009 08:24 AM

I've been following the playoffs as good as a britfag that only knows 20 or so players, and thats by name and little else.
A question
Basketball is a team sport, right? then why do lebron and kobe get so much attention, are they really that good? all the commentary is about how many players you have guarding kobe.

f3lix 06-05-2009 11:04 AM

Kobe shoots too much and has never won a title without Shaq.

LeBron averges 30 points per game, coupled with about 8 assists and 8 rebounds a game. LeBron is by far the best player in the league but has never had help on his team.

Dwight Howard is a beast and is only 23 years old

THEINCREDIBLEdork 06-05-2009 11:18 AM

Repugnant Abomination 06-05-2009 02:38 PM

Dent,

Basketball is a team game but might be alone in that it is a sport where a single talent can absolutely dominate the game. But no matter how dominant a player is he needs help. Shaq had Kobe, Jordan had Pippen, etc...

Cocktooth 06-05-2009 03:50 PM

And Lebron has Big Z. Seems pretty even up to me!

angry pancake 06-15-2009 10:17 AM

I'll take the Lakers in 5.

Hindsight and all.

Dent 06-15-2009 02:56 PM

After watching the series (first series i've watched ever, been to a few local games though)
Holy shit Kobe made me smile, there really doesn't seem to be a way to stop him when he can wriggle through the defense and shoot 3's with the accuracy he does, maybe it was just poor defense, I dunno.
Turkoglu seemed good too, seemed to penetrate (I don't know bball lingo) and get a fair few points.
Still not sure what I think about a game where one player, and there's like 5? of them can dominate so much, basketball really seems like the type of sport where attack is the best defense, I know Orlando would probably have done better if they defended more and countered with 3's and such or something, and that defense is important but nothing like as much as other sports (football, rugby)
I don't know.

DDTempest 06-16-2009 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dent (Post 380741)
After watching the series (first series i've watched ever, been to a few local games though)
Holy shit Kobe made me smile, there really doesn't seem to be a way to stop him when he can wriggle through the defense and shoot 3's with the accuracy he does, maybe it was just poor defense, I dunno.
Turkoglu seemed good too, seemed to penetrate (I don't know bball lingo) and get a fair few points.
Still not sure what I think about a game where one player, and there's like 5? of them can dominate so much, basketball really seems like the type of sport where attack is the best defense, I know Orlando would probably have done better if they defended more and countered with 3's and such or something, and that defense is important but nothing like as much as other sports (football, rugby)
I don't know.

A+ Would read again.

Cocktooth 06-16-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dent (Post 380741)
I don't know.

Totally on point with the talk of defense. Back when the NBA was at it's best, the Detroit Pistons were all about rough and tough defense. You won't see that again as a good defensive player doesn't make the highlights on Sportscenter.

The downfall to Orlando is actually that they take to many 3's and can't counter with getting the ball to Howard in the post and have him produce. He is their best player, but isn't a consistant scorer in the paint. With him being only 23, he has plenty of time to improve his interior offensive game, plus he is a very hard worker. They are going to lose Turkalu and Alston to other teams, so that will really hurt their team as a whole.

BigDongedHoe 06-16-2009 06:21 PM

Howard has to develop a baby hook and face up jumper. Even Shaq who is/was much bigger than Howard had a baby hook to go too. Shaq is also 5x the passer out of the post, if Howard could develop these things it would make Orlando much better.

Cocktooth 06-17-2009 12:25 PM

Orlando has said they will play luxuary tax and sign Turkalou this summer. They should be a force next year once again if Howard improves!

Cocktooth 06-24-2009 11:34 PM

WOW. Shaq to Cleveland. Pavlavic and Wallace move to PHX. I'm going out on a limb here and say that Cleveland get the better of this deal. Wallace has already talked about retirement. Shaq could win 3 championships with Kobe, Dwade, and Lebron now. I'm sorry, but when you look at it, he has to be in consideration for the best center of all time.

Edit: If he can help Lebron enough to win a championship. I also just heard that they feel they will just buy out Pavlaic and are looking to trade Stoudamire. Apparently, PHX is blowing things up.

f3lix 06-25-2009 08:26 AM

Shaq was killing Phx in cap room. This was a move to free up the cap and the Cavs were got the mega bargain in this deal. Ben Wallace played 13 minutes per game, Pavlovic was their 12th man, and the Cavs traded a 2nd round pick who would never see a minute on the court. HUGE trade for the Cavs.

Orgazmo 06-25-2009 08:41 AM

This...this I'm looking forward to watching.