Thread: Amendment
View Single Post
Unread 02-26-2004, 09:00 PM   #61 (permalink)
BarryJive

Internets: 44
BarryJive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BarryJive
VOL-Murdering and stealing adversly effects others where as gay marriage will not effect anyone but the people getting married. Murdering and stealing are outlawed because they are wrong. This is black and white with not much gray area. The gay marriage thing is all gray area and completely up to the individual to make up their mind whether it is right or wrong. My position is simply that in this case it be left up to the individual rather than the government in making a decision whether its right or wrong.

When making up ones mind about this little debacle one usually falls back on whatever ones religious beliefs might be, Bush's beliefs as he's stated directly state homosexual marriage is wrong, in that case his decision is being religiously motivated, now I don't know about you guys but I think without the separation of church and state we might as well be run by the Vatican. And while yes, they do protect us from hostile enemies but arent they inherently protecting the freedom in which America stands for? I personally think marrying whoever you want is a freedom we should have.

I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat french toast.
BarryJive is offline   Reply With Quote