View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2008, 02:33 AM   #37 (permalink)
Repugnant Abomination
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Dizzork,

I agree with most of what you said. Maybe I gave the wrong impression? Clearly a lot of the shit he says is baseless and down right looney, mostly to do with "leftists". I went back and revised my column to make it clear I don't think a lot of what the manifesto says is right. I still stand by the idea though that we shouldn't disregard it because he was somewhat crazy and bombed the shit out of people. The majority of what I wanted to talk about was his commentary on the industrial revolution. While I think that it has caused a lot of good, I think it's also caused a lot of harm, some blatant and some more subtle. I think the key is not to get rid of technolgy, but shift our thinking on it. Kacynski is an interesting launch pad for the discussion, because he's a character, and a genius.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote