View Single Post
Unread 08-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
THEINCREDIBLEdork
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork
Default Starcraft II review

So I beat the single player campaign and now am working my way up the multiplayer ladder.

Two free 14-day guest passes came with the game, here are mine, first come first serve:
www.starcraft2.com/guest
BJDG4P-ENV4-EMRTYV-9RX8-VGNH6T
RHFX8Y-DTCT-7RK6XN-H8GJ-GG4HXV

The single player campaign functionally was great. Probably has some of the most fun single player maps/levels/goals or whatever you want to call them I've ever played in a game for this genre. Instead of building up from scratch you get to keep your upgrades throughout the campaign and there of loads of units that are in single player but not in multiplayer (due to balance).

However, the story and dialog were lacking. This is the part I was most anticipating about the game. I love the Starcraft lore and remember it stimulating my imagination as a young lad. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT???? But the plot was stupid and nearly all the dialogue is cliched and at times makes you cringe.

After seeing some of the trailers for cutscenes for the game I thought "holy shit this game is going to be so fucking sick. however...
Mild spoilers ahead (doesn't tell you what happens):
The cutscenes you see in the trailers are pretty much it. fucking it. WTF. They also retconned a lot of shit and the plot was as predictable as a cock in my ass.

Multiplayer:
I can tell you nothing is more satisfying than dominating someone in this game in Multiplayer, as well as challenging yourself again people your same skill level. One of my favorite things to do against weaker opponents is take control of the entire map and poke at them in their base for a while. Then max out my army and just walk over they're base

Final scores:
Multiplayer: 10/10
Single Player: 6.5/10 (negative points all due to plot, story, and writing)

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote