View Single Post
Unread 09-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #41 (permalink)
Mr. Blonde
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Just because something has the potential to survive throughout the evolutionary process does not make it good. There are literally myriad reasons as to why "the god gene" or "meme" or whatever you want to call it could exist. That doesn't mean we should tolerate it. I'm not saying we should execute people here, but without evidence we have every single right to call their ideas retarded and a hindrance to human progress.

Humanity became conscious and needed explanations, so they made them up. Humanity is credulous as fuck, (once again for many evolutionary reasons that you can look into the science or possible science behind yourself, since it's clear you seem to think it's because "religion has survival potential better than atheism" rather than another phenomenon, like the value of believing people in authority or worshiping a patriarchal deity because of evolutionary reasons, like, I don't know, listening to authority so you don't crack your skull open on some rocks) so they believed ideas that sounded good at the time. They still believe ideas that, to them, sound good at the time. But your analogy is bullshit, for the mere fact that, clearly, atheists have survived too. You're just relying on numbers, and, as you and I know, you especially given your ethnicity: Numbers don't mean right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekremlin View Post
I understand you don't like religion, but you have to recognize that other people do. Someone who refuses to see other people's perspectives and apply their own opinions to how other people should view things are called zealots.
Once again, back to evidence. If you have no evidence to support your claims, beliefs, or in general bullshit attitudes, then you have to recognize that I think religion is completely emotional supernatural bullshit. That doesn't make me a zealot; that makes me a person living in reality. You have no ground to defend the religious for believing in bullshit.

EDIT: bullshit
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote