View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mr. Blonde
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
This be the guy who wrote the genomic boddhisatva. I don't know what the pasted bit is getting at, have you read into it and should I?
The pasted bit (and psychedelic information theory in general) seems to be a more rational (in the classical sense) and materialistic explanation of what psychelics are and what they do, and by what mechanisms.

I have only read into it a bit but it is the best material science attempt I've seen so far at digging into the psychedelic phenomenon.

Regardless of the explanations, I think a psychedelic resurgence and more mainstream acceptance of substances with these alkaloids (already in the process of happening) is crucial to the survival and evolution of humankind.

Freedom is within you
Giving makes us feel good
Hello to our people
Say hello to the future

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 02-12-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote