Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > The Arts

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2004, 03:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 10
ChingaTuMadre is on a distinguished road
I was wondering if there was anyone out there that 'acually' likes dashboard confessionals, if so don't be afraid to speak up, even though they are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.
Anyways, anyone know of any new good bands that are worth listening to, because alot of the new ones all seem to sound pretty much the same to me.

"The truth lies in the hands of those who contain knowledge"
ChingaTuMadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

Fuck You is on a distinguished road
I loathe dashboard.

If you want some real suggestions, you'll have to narrow down your request. My list would be way too long.
Fuck You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
I like dashboard confessional a lot. Fuck you is right, we don't know what type of music you like.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

underwater is on a distinguished road
....i like dashboard.

but i'm not a devoted fan or anything. i like them just like i like about everything else i hear.

i just said 'like' four times. now five.

We can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind, because your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine.
underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

I like Dashboard.

Yes, I do know of good bands that are worth listening to, and no, I won't tell you.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

so, dashboard confessionals, a bunch of homoerotic whiney emo-bitches, i could go on and on about how sucky they are but that would just be a waste of time. Record labels need to stop worrying about what chicks want and let the bands write they're own music. Most music today just flat out sucks.

Old 05-14-2004, 05:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, first of all, its Dashboard Confessional, not plural. Second, get hit by a car. Third, those "homoerotic whiney emo-bitches", once again, not plural. If you don't count the latest cd, almost all of the songs were written and performed by one guy, Chris Carrabba.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
We still believe.

Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus
Yeah, he is talented nonetheless; and seems to have the same luck with women as I.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

i'm glad you have a moment of time to waste time depicting my grammer.

Old 05-15-2004, 05:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
We still believe.

Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Eh, you hit a nerve with him. Gotta expect that.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:30 AM   #11 (permalink)

Internets: 6603
St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute
I think I've already asked this before but... isn't that guy like 30 singing to 15 year old girls???
St. Anky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 02:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

cough man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by St. Anky:
I think I've already asked this before but... isn't that guy like 30 singing to 15 year old girls???
which is why he is a god, bcz he still gets them in bed most likely

I hope you enjoy living on top of the world, when you die knowing you lived your life on your knees.
cough man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 05:37 AM   #13 (permalink)

Internets: 2
yardobeef is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to yardobeef
Quote:
Originally posted by cough man:
which is why he is a god, bcz he still gets them in bed most likely
such a deity should be put in a federal pound me in the ass prison

[ May 31, 2004, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: yardobeef ]

What up brah?
yardobeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute
I wish I could be 30 and be fucking little 15 year old girls by whining like a 13 year old one.

right on.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
We still believe.

I still like them/him. Anyway, anyone know when the new Brand New CD is coming out? They are good.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

niger, are you a 15 year old girl?

What up brah?
Old 06-06-2004, 05:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

Being the obsessive Brand New fiend that I am....

Quote:
Hello.
So i know what youre thinking....
"I hate Brand New, they never update their shit...they're too cool".
well, you are correct. Except we've just been enjoying some time off. And we are lazy, not too cool..
But starting today, June 1, the process for creating the 3rd record will start happening..
We have just rented out a rehearsal space here on long island, and for the next 2 or 3 months, we will be writing and demoing a bunch of new stuff..
The plan is to record sometime around the beginning of September. We are all so psyched to get back into the studio and spend some time writing and recording the right way for the first time. And we promise you it will blow your minds..
just be patient.... figured id give you guys a quick update.

Jesse is surfing, Vin is watching tv, Garrett is in Alaska, and I am staring at the computer screen too much.

hold tight.
That's the latest, and I'm already giddy.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 07:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
We still believe.

Quote:
Originally posted by yardobeef:
niger, are you a 15 year old girl?
Uncalled for.

Fruit, you always come through. And what made me think of that was your outfit Friday. I was like, that is very Brand New lead singeresque.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
We still believe.

I was watching my Dashboard 'MTV Unplugged DVD' yesterday and noticed something. Not one 15 year old girl in the crowd. Strange. They were mostly college aged females, AND males. Most likely because his songs are more about college life than high school. Or could it be that he already had a following from his previous band, Further Seems Forever?

'But a lot of young girls listen to him/them.' That may be true. But how is that any different from say, 50 Cent, Outkast, John Mayer, New Found Glory, 'The whole Warped Tour line-up'?
This whole 15 year old girl thing is getting old.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ish...

silver and cold is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to silver and cold
I agree..I was younger than 15 when I first liked his stuff, Now I'm 17 and I still like some of it.

the killer in me is the killer in you.
silver and cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:38 AM   #21 (permalink)

i guess im not into the whole DBC, john mayer, DMB
and some of the newer punk bands (warped tour bands), but everyone has their own taste, and if that includes listening to a person playing an acoustic and crying into a microphone, thats fine. ill take some rock and roll anyday over that shit, ya know music with instrumental talent, and lyrics with depth.

What up brah?
Old 06-09-2004, 06:21 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Niger Angelus:
But how is that any different from say, 50 Cent, Outkast, John Mayer, New Found Glory, 'The whole Warped Tour line-up'?
Warped Tour? Oh you mean that piece of shit concert comin up with all those piss for fuck bands? Yeah, sounds good.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ish...

silver and cold is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to silver and cold
Not all of Dashboard is bad...given ALOT of it is, he does have some okay stuff. Thats kinda like this years warped tour. A few decent bands, and a bunch of shitty ones. You gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

Yardo, I agree with you, for the most part, most of the bands today suck! I would listen to oldies over any of that new "punk" shit, John Mayer, or DMB.

the killer in me is the killer in you.
silver and cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
We still believe.

Quote:
Originally posted by St. Anky:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Niger Angelus:
But how is that any different from say, 50 Cent, Outkast, John Mayer, New Found Glory, 'The whole Warped Tour line-up'?
Warped Tour? Oh you mean that piece of shit concert comin up with all those piss for fuck bands? Yeah, sounds good.</font>[/quote]Coheed and Cambria
From Autumn to Ashes
Story of the Year...
sounds like a good line-up so far...

I enjoy knives and fire.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:07 PM   #25 (permalink)

Internets: 44
BarryJive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BarryJive
bad religion
the vandals
NOFX
Lars and the Bastards
Rise Against
Avenged Sevenfold
Flogging Molly
Anti-Flag
The Bouncing Souls
The Casualties
Tiger Army

wow...i dont think a concert line-up could get any worse.

I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat french toast.
BarryJive is offline   Reply With Quote