Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > The Arts

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-08-2005, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs
I suggest you all start making cd's now if you are driving on spring break, I am starting mine right now.

A few songs of the top of my head are
Jerry Reed - East Bound and Down (Smokey and the Bandit theme)
Rolling Stones - Start me up
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate love song
Metallica - Fuel

Those are just ones that having something driving related in the title, obviously you should just have a bunch of music that you like, but what are your suggestions?
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Roscoe P. Coldchain

Internets: 1425
StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of
Hank III- 87 Southbound
RHCP- Road Trip
Willie Nelson- On the Road Again
Arlo Guthrie- City of New Orleans
AC/DC- Highway to Hell

Rancid's first Cd
Pantera's Cowboys from Hell
Me First and the Gimme Gimme's when/if things get tense

[ March 08, 2005, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: StabMaster Arson ]

LEGALIZE CRIME!
StabMaster Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Internets: 6603
St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute
beebs, i'll make some suggestions for ya.

Everything from RUSH. Some of my favorites:

Limelight
2112 overture
YYZ

I also highly suggest Eric Johnson (cliffs of dover), everything from 311, Sublime, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and the Cure.

Cheers
St. Anky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 02:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Roscoe P. Coldchain

StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of
when I'm gonna be in a car for a while, I'll throw in a comedy or live CD.

LEGALIZE CRIME!
Unread 03-08-2005, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute
chili peppers- road trippin
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs
Quote:
Originally posted by StabMaster Arson:
when I'm gonna be in a car for a while, I'll throw in a comedy or live CD.
Yea I've done thise too, kills the time like no other, thanks for the reminder.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Location: that one place...you know, with the fire and damnation? oh yeh, hell.
Internets: 10
the Butcher is on a distinguished road
nofx - the fucking decline.

it's the only 18 minute long punk song. it's the absolute companion to anybody who will be driving anytime soon for a long way because it's just fucking awesome. no other way to put it. plus, the lyrics will make you hate every other person around your car, which in turn will make your driving experience more fun when you pump fake people with your car. oh fucking yeh.

meet me at the corner of 5th and pontiac. and make sure that no one else is with you, if you wish to see them alive again.
the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Internets: 14
George Sherman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to George Sherman
fuck ya dude, pump faking motherfuckers with your car is the shit.

...to abuse the testicles of the establishment.
George Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 05:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork
led zeppelin - ramble on
Paul simon & garfunkle - mrs robinson

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 05:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

the best song ever....

Bob Seager Turn the Paige..Its about life on the road..doesnt get any better then that for a road trip...also if you havent heard of rodney carrington..if your into the hillbilly comedy...this guy made a 16 hour trip to s.c. last year seem like about 2 hours..it was good shit

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 06:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaw:
the best song ever....

Bob Seager Turn the Paige..Its about life on the road..doesnt get any better then that for a road trip...also if you havent heard of rodney carrington..if your into the hillbilly comedy...this guy made a 16 hour trip to s.c. last year seem like about 2 hours..it was good shit
didn't metallica release it?
Unread 03-08-2005, 06:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

MAGICLIT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to MAGICLIT
Metallica released years after Bob Seager

I am all in favor of a ruling class, especially since I rule.
MAGICLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 06:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Roscoe P. Coldchain

Johnny Cash- Live at Folsom Prison
"- Live at San Quentin
Red Sovine- Greatest Truckin Hits
CW McCall- Convoy
Lee Dorsey- Wheelin and Dealin
Bad Brains- Banned in DC
The Misfits- Walk Among Us
Dropkick Murphys- Boys on the Docks
The Dwarves- Thank Heaven for Little Girls
Nofx- I Heard They Suck Live
Mitch Hedburg- Mitch All Together (comedy)
Propaghandi- How to Clean Everything

those are all good from start to finish
right now I can't seem to get college dropout out of my cd player.

LEGALIZE CRIME!
Unread 03-08-2005, 06:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

I like to listen to Primus or the Dead Milkmen on long road trips, I don't know why, you just kinda get lost in their oddness.

Unread 03-08-2005, 06:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

I like to listen to Primus or the Dead Milkmen on long road trips, I don't know why, you just kinda get lost in their oddness.

edit: FUCK A DOUBLE POST!

[ March 08, 2005, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: George Sherman ]

Unread 03-08-2005, 09:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by St. Anky:
didn't metallica release it?[/QB]
It pains me to hear you say that. I have much love for metallica but they should never remake a classic like that one. Please do yourself a favor and download Bob Seagers Turn the Paige..

Unread 03-08-2005, 10:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
In my experience the best way to pass time while driving is to listen to music without words. Get something that will act as a catylist for your driving and daydreaming, let it play... and work yourself into a great driving trance, whether it be classical, hip hop beats, or electronic music, they all seem to work equally well, as long as you don't become distracted by lyrics.
Unread 03-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

im going to say you probably shouldnt do that, due to the small fact that could cause an accident. Lyrics normally keep people focused on driving yet listening to music experiance the whole road trip theme. Beats would make a person in a trance like state causing them to daydream maybe to much while behind the wheel

Unread 03-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
I would argue quite the contrary, Mr. Shaw.

Driving is not, in my humble oppinion, an effort of your imedite consciousness, rather an inate dance of your mental and physical capacities (I've actually been planning on posting an article about how amazing it is that humans are able to drive a vehicle with such consumate skill).

Driving, at its purest and finest level, is purely reactionary. Your eyes put together an "image" of what is going on around you in your brain, but this image contains such detailed information as angle, velocity, and vehicle size. You don't realize you are processing this information constantly, and to try to bring it to forward consciousness would be mind-boggleing.

The less distractions your mind is delt with (lyrics), the greater your attention to the road, at least from my experience.
Unread 03-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
im going to say you probably shouldnt do that, due to the small fact that could cause an accident. Lyrics normally keep people focused on driving yet listening to music experiance the whole road trip theme. Beats would make a person in a trance like state causing them to daydream maybe to much while behind the wheel
i've heard the bob seager version before. i myself like metallica's better.
Unread 03-09-2005, 06:04 PM   #21 (permalink)

well im sorry to say but my friend...your not very smart!!!

Unread 03-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
well im sorry to say but my friend...your not very smart!!!
quit flirting shaw. just stop it.
Unread 03-10-2005, 11:42 PM   #23 (permalink)

cant help it...everytime i see that thing with the big tits my hormones start kickin

Unread 03-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
We still believe.

Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus
This is just wierd now.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #25 (permalink)

underwater is on a distinguished road
let me just say that it's a sad, sad thing when the people you're in a car with for about 24 hours like country music... and not very much else.

We can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind, because your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine.
underwater is offline   Reply With Quote