![]() |
|
|
#1 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this; maybe there is under another name. I actually haven't been to that many concerts, over my lifetime i'd say maybe 5-10, and only artists that mean a lot to me. This Sunday in Seoul i'm going to see Kings of Convenience, a band i've been a fan of for a while. The lead singer is Erlend Øye -- whose side projects include a stint in Royskopp:
and The Whitest Boy Alive: Kings of Convenience is by far the mellowest of the three, but it should still be an awesome concert. I'm leaving for Seoul tomorrow morning and will likely be there until after the concert on Sunday night. Here are some good songs of theirs: |
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 (permalink) |
|
Bokononist
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,595
Internets: 11801
|
I'm jealous. I've been a Kings of Convenience fan for years.
Next weekend, I'll hopefully be seeing one of the two Chicago shows that Atoms for Peace (Thom Yorke and Flea to name a couple members) is doing. Fingers crossed. |
|
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 (permalink) |
|
I make bad decisions.
|
I'll be at Coachella in two weeks. I can't wait.
I've been to a ton of concerts. A lot of them were shitty bands that I went to with girls, but I try to go to several shows a year. If you don't count going to see DJ's as "Concerts" than I haven't been to one in a few years. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 (permalink) |
|
Ahoy Fuckbag
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a pineapple under the sea
Posts: 3,540
Internets: 187030
|
|
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 549
Internets: 5464
|
Yeah that shit was pretty cool Blonde, thanks for the suggestion. I'm going on my what.cd account to download their albums for free in about 5 minutes. Anyone who didn't take Active up on his invitation for a what.cd account is really stupid. Probably the best thing ever.
I've been to a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles concert and that's about it. edit: and their new album is freeleech, kick ass. Haha, and so is the Whitest Boy Alive new album. I guess its my lucky day. I don't normally like this kind of shit, but this seemed pretty good. edit x 5: I just got their newest album, but all their shit is freeleech. Let me know what you guys think the best albums are. |
|
Last edited by Der Fuhrer; 04-03-2010 at 02:01 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 (permalink) |
|
Ahoy Fuckbag
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a pineapple under the sea
Posts: 3,540
Internets: 187030
|
|
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
I also went to the TMNT concert when I was a kid. I don't remember much, but I remember confetti exploding out of a barrel at one point.
|
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 (permalink) |
|
Level 20 Holothetan
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Space
Posts: 5,245
Internets: 210144
|
I've been to very few concerts in my life. Most of them in the last 5 years.
Those include Pendulum, They Might be Giants, and Against Me!. The other day I won tickets to see 30 Seconds To Mars on the 16th. |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
![]() |
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 (permalink) | |
|
Ahoy Fuckbag
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a pineapple under the sea
Posts: 3,540
Internets: 187030
|
Quote:
Only concerts of consequence that I have seen: Radiohead - Absolutely fucking incredible. TOOL (x2) - Most amazing combination of stage presence / effects / music I've ever seen. TOOL was the first concert I ever went to and set the bar very high, nothing since has compared except for seeing TOOL again and Radiohead. Perfect Circle - pretty solid experience all around, it was Maynard's birthday so we sang to him. Nine Inch Nails - was alright, had pit tickets but that became more annoying than anything else, I don't like standing and I don't like strangers touching me. Audioslave - they did Rage, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, and Audioslave songs, Chris Cornell did "Black Hole Sun" acoustic solo. Great music, but the "stage show" was completely lacking. anyone else I have seen was too mediocre to give merit. | |
|
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#13 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
I'll play
RHCP x2 - Both were very great, an absolutely awesome band to see live. Coldplay - Really good, really energizing, awesome crowd interaction. Excellent. Incubus - Sucked imo. The Big Shizzo 6 - Luda, Chingy, Obie Trice, a few others, they all sucked. You could tell they all just wanted to go through the motions and get off the stage as quick as they could. Pretty disappointing. Hmm... shit. I think that might be it. I need to go to more concerts. I've heard Jay-Z is incredible. |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 (permalink) |
|
Bokononist
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,595
Internets: 11801
|
I won two tickets to see Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, and John Mellencamp last summer. I'm not much of a Mellencamp fan, but his live show was surprising. As for Willie Nelson...it was Willie, what's not to love?
In the end though, the marquee read 'The Bob Dylan Show', and that's what it was. See that man live while you still have the chance. --- Radiohead is at the top of my 'must-see' list. I'll probably be seeing Thom's side project this weekend, which I have no doubt will be sweet...but I'm still going to have to see Radiohead before all is said and done. I'm hoping that this song Thom played in February turns out to be one of the songs he willl be doing with Atoms for Peace. |
|
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 (permalink) |
|
Ahoy Fuckbag
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a pineapple under the sea
Posts: 3,540
Internets: 187030
|
They are all incredible musicians too, at one point one of the guys was playing the guitar and using the head of the guitar to play the piano.
|
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
I meant real concerts.
|
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#21 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 549
Internets: 5464
|
I was not, in any way, disrespecting classical music. I was disrespecting you for making stupid comments. Clearly the context of this thread is about concerts that your average person goes to. What I mean by that is bands that people actually listen to, not orchestra music. Honestly, that's not even the part that was the most gay. If you would have listed some of the better orchestras that you've seen play live, I think that would have been ok. Instead you came off like a condescending asshole and didn't even make a valid contribution to the thread.
I like you f3lix, you're a good guy. I would make sweet love to you. But sometimes you're just kind of a self-righteous prick, sorry. |
|
|
|
|
|
#22 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
|
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|