Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Rants

Notices

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-23-2003, 09:45 PM   #51 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ugly Bastard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Orgazmo:
If being gay was genetic...homosexuals would be extinct. Since they don't fuck the opposite sex...they don't reproduce...and they don't pass their genes on.
This is unprecedented, and genius.

Original thought?

-Ugly Bastard

[ October 23, 2003, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Bastard ]
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2003, 09:48 PM   #52 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS
 
Orgazmo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 15,726
Internets: 311447
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
Post

Yeah, but I'm sure I'm not the first to have thought of it...
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2003, 10:03 PM   #53 (permalink)
Unwanted
 
Schroeder's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,543
Internets: -885
Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts
Post

I accept everyone. I do not want it to seem like I am putting myself above others. I would accept homosexuals as I accept everyone else. However, I will never be convinced that homosexuality is normal. I will never agree with homosexuality. I accept people for whatever they are: racist, adulterer, kleptomaniac, criminal, pedophile, etc., but that does not mean I have to agree with their way of life.
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2003, 10:04 PM   #54 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: a house
Posts: 664
Internets: 10
fat_retard is on a distinguished road
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Orgazmo:
If being gay was genetic...homosexuals would be extinct. Since they don't fuck the opposite sex...they don't reproduce...and they don't pass their genes on.
But the aleles(sp?) that cause homosexuality could be recessive and be passed down through heterosexuals without them even knowing it.
fat_retard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2003, 10:13 PM   #55 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ugly Bastard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Post

That's bullshit fat retard.

Fags choose to be gay, and that's that!!

*Tips back Miller High Life and winks at poster of George W.*

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2003, 11:28 PM   #56 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ProfessorNumber's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,215
Internets: 3373
ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute ProfessorNumber has a reputation beyond repute
Post

Alright, let’s put some arguments/evidence on the table.

“It is known that during early pregnancy, certain hormones must be released at certain times by the mother for the fetus to develop properly. Some studies have suggested that certain hormones, either released in excess or in quantities too small by the mother will affect the forming brain in the fetus. These developing brain structures may very well influence the fetus' sexual development” - Source

Once again, a statement full of hearsay and conjecture. Although logical, there is no conclusive evidence contained in it.

“One of the more interesting recent studies of homosexuality and biology has been in the area of twin studies. It seems that in the case of identical twins, if one is homosexual, then the other has a more than 50-percent probability of being homosexual.” - Source

“For example, recent studies done with identical twins have been offered by some as evidence that the origins of homosexuality might be in the genes. In one study, Dr. Michael Bailey of Northwestern University examined 110 pairs of identical twins who had been separated at birth and raised in different environments. He found that if one was gay there was a 52% chance the other was also. But among fraternal twins, the chance fell to 22%. Because the ratio was higher among twins who are genetically identical, this study has been referred to by many as evidence that homosexuality is genetic in origin. I even heard Dr. Dean Edell (a famous radio call-in doctor) appeal to this study in defense of homosexuality.” - Source

I agree with the author of the second paragraph here, who stated: “This study would rather confirm that though there may be genetic factors that increase the likelihood of one becoming a homosexual, these genetic factors alone do not produce homosexuality (as in the case of 48% of those heterosexuals whose identical twin was homosexual). There must also be environmental factors for homosexuality to develop.”

“Recent research has demonstrated that the brains of men and women are different in some surprising ways. It has been suggested that women have greater connectivity between the two halves of their brain, as a result of a thicker corpus callosum -- the brain tissue that links the two halves together. It is this greater connectivity that has been suggested as the cause of greater intuitiveness and creativity in women. This same thickening has been demonstrated to exist in the brains of gay men, suggesting that the brains of men like myself are probably more like women's brains in function than men's. Another brain difference has been found in the hypothalamus -- a part of the brain that influences sexual behavior and sexual aggression. Males tend to have much larger cell structures in certain parts of the hypothalamus, while females tend to have smaller cell structures. And again, studies of the hypothalami in homosexual men have found that the smaller, female-like cell structures are present.” - Source

The author wisely counters his own argument by saying: “Of course, this research is by no means conclusive. Questions of causality are not answered -- are brain differences between males and females inborn, or are they socially constructed? Is it possible that homosexual behavior or upbringing causes these brain differences to develop? And do brain differences exist in the case of lesbians, as opposed to heterosexual women?”

“This study confirms my understanding that the cause of homosexuality is a highly complex combination of various factors, some genetic and some environmental, that make it much easier for some people to become entrapped in this particualar sin. In this regard, it is not much different than alcoholism, where similar studies involving identical twins have shown similar results. All it confirms is that there may be some people with a genetic likelihood of developing a "predisposition" toward such things as homosexuality and alcoholism, but it requires the addition of environmental factors to produce the actual homosexual or alcoholic.” - Source

Personally, I think I’m going to have to revise my stance on this debate. I almost completely agree with the above paragraph. It seems to be a good compromise between the opposing arguments.

Smoke a cigarette and lie some more -- These conversations kill.
ProfessorNumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2003, 11:39 PM   #57 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,698
Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Post

Quote:
Originally posted by ProfessorNumber:
Personally, I think I’m going to have to revise my stance on this debate. I almost completely agree with the above paragraph. It seems to be a good compromise between the opposing arguments.
Well I feel validated.

Quote:
Originally posted by Titan:
Most likely homosexuality has less to do with conscious choice, and more to do with a necessary duality between nature and nurture.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2003, 12:20 AM   #58 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Pliedes's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 4,594
Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Post

Thank you, fucking thank you Proffesor Number. Someone else finally decieded to take some fucking initative and approach this question correctly. Ten points for Proffesor Number.

I think this statement from one of the above sources sums up my beliefs and what I've been trying to say all along.

Quote:
All it confirms is that there may be some people with a genetic likelihood of developing a "predisposition" toward such things as homosexuality and alcoholism, but it requires the addition of environmental factors to produce the actual homosexual or alcoholic
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2003, 02:31 AM   #59 (permalink)
Unwanted
 
Schroeder's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,543
Internets: -885
Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts
Post

A propensity towards homosexuality? I can agree with that.

[ October 24, 2003, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Schroeder ]
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2003, 03:11 AM   #60 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,698
Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Post

You can deal with a homosexual tendency?
Have fun with that.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2003, 12:16 PM   #61 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 205
Internets: 10
Osiris is on a distinguished road
Post

One time I saw a gay guy on the street, so I kicked him in the head.
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2003, 03:59 PM   #62 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Pliedes's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 4,594
Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Post

How about I kick you in the head?
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2003, 04:11 PM   #63 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VOL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: there
Posts: 2,305
Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
Post

What is the problem with gay people. I mean yeah it is wrong by some standards of living, but as long as they don't come on to you .. what is the problem?

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2003, 05:30 PM   #64 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Pliedes's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 4,594
Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Post

That is very much the opposite take on what you've been saying so far Vol. Clarify your stance and don't repeat things others have already said.
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2003, 05:36 PM   #65 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,698
Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Post

Yeah say some stuff and not what they already said.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2003, 12:02 AM   #66 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,147
Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute
Post

All I have to say is that years ago, many years ago, homosexuality wasn't much of a problem/debate. If you were homosexual you were thrown in the dungeon, or prison, whatever. It clearly worked.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2003, 03:33 PM   #67 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VOL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: there
Posts: 2,305
Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
Post

can that still be done?

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2003, 12:42 AM   #68 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VOL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: there
Posts: 2,305
Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
Post

no

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2003, 12:54 AM   #69 (permalink)
Unwanted
 
Schroeder's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,543
Internets: -885
Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts
Post

wouldn't you worry about yourself, Vol?
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2003, 07:19 PM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Bathtub
Posts: 64
Internets: 10
Rubber Ducky is on a distinguished road
Post

Quack.
Rubber Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2003, 10:25 PM   #71 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 314
Internets: 10
bert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to bert
Post

here is a letter i recieved earlier today
this is how gay this school is it really pisses me off they are so fuckin stupid.

IndianapoIis
Office of Residence Life
1400 East Hanna Avenue (317) 788-3530
Indianapolis, Indiana 46227-3697 Fax: (317) 788-3383
October 22, 2003
Bert
Central Hall 205
University of Indianapolis
Dear Bert:
This letter is a follow up sanction letter to our discussion on Monday, October 20, 2003. Specifically, we were discussin you writing a derogatory comment on the dry erase board of a student on the 4 floor of Centi-al Hall.
I appreciated the opportunity to discuss this issue with you. Your input and the information you provided were very helpful in obtaining information about the situation. During our meeting you did admit to the allegation although said that it was not meant to be derogatory towards the student living in the room. As provided in the Student Handbook procedures, I have taken all available information into account and have concluded that you are responsible for the violations. Therefore the following sanction(s) will be imposed:
• Social Conduct Probation through May of 2004. A description of this type of probation can be found on page 49 of the University of Indianapolis Student Handbook.
• You are banned from visiting the 4 floor of Central Hall. If you are seen on the floor, you will face more severe consequences.
It is expected that through what has occurred you understand your accountability to the University policy. Any future violations will likely result in more sever sanctions and constitute cause to review your status as a student at the TJniversity of Indianapolis. I fru.st that we will not have further reason to discuss your conduct as a student at the University of Indianapolis.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at (317) 788-
3485.
Sincerely

Kory M. itangeli j
Director of Residence Life
cc: File
Jackie Nebelsiek, Central Hall Residence Director
Heather Adkins, 4 Floor Central Residence Director

definition of social conduct probation- a warning status into which a student is placed when he or she is in jeopardy of suspenison or dismissal from the University. Elements of the probationary status are outlined in a written statement.

[ October 27, 2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: bert ]
bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2003, 10:39 PM   #72 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VOL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: there
Posts: 2,305
Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
Post

Dude, U of I really is gay

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 12:54 AM   #73 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,698
Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Post

Banned from the entire 4th floor?
That is probably the most ridickulous punishment I've ever heard. It doesn't even have anything to do with the crime.
"We'll just ban you from the floor, then you can't ever be derogatory again."
That's gay.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 02:54 AM   #74 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Pliedes's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 4,594
Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Post

Explain to them that your change to his comment "I'm not republican, I'm gay" wasn't at all meant as a comment about his sexuality. It was political satire. Dig up a statistic on homosexual's political leanings. Gay people vote overwhelmingly (and i do mean overwhelmingly) democratic. When you wrote that it was shedding light on that fact. They can't ban you from the floor for political satire.
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2003, 01:07 AM   #75 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 148
Internets: 10
Jake is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jake
Post

First I would like to start off by laughing at Bert, and praising U of I for realizing that there campus is diverse, and as so, must be sensitive to all walks of life.
Second, since I believe that I am the only openly gay person who posts on this site I would think that I have a slightly better personal understanding of the issue. With that said... I believe that homosexuality is not a choice...however, it is possible that I was either hard-wired this way or possibly nutured this way. I am not certian to which of these it is as I am not a scietisnt. However, I know for a fact that I did not just wake up one morning and say, "Hey Im Gay and Proud!! I knew that I was attracted to men even before I knew what the word homosexual was or how to even what sex was.. Your sexual Orientation isnt something you have to think about, it's something you automatically know without having to think. When people come out they say they are confused, which gives hatefuls room to say they are choosing, when in reality the person is just evalutating aned slowing branching out as there is such a taboo in our society against gay, so they want to make absolutely sure that they are gay, before they announce it to the world and open themselves to discrimination.
Third, Niger, your argument that people become gay out of desperation, lacks any evidence or any logic. In my opinion you are pretty loathsome yourself, yet you arent gay to my knowledge....Vice versa, I consider myself to be a decent looking guy. Hell, i could have had tons of girls in high school if i had wanted... I had girls try to get down my pants, and offer me anything i wanted.. but...I simply wasnt interested, and thats the point. People do not become gay out of desperation, atleast that wasnt what happened in my case.
Fourth, as to the debate of where homosexuality arises; no one can state that there point of view is accurate and that others are not, because even today's top scientists dont completely agree over the issue, however, new studies that i have read are pointing that it is not something chosen, but even so, Even if a person chose their sexual oriention, which i dont believe happens, would that give you anymore right to discriminate agaisnt them? America has long been about the "Pursuit of Happiness" and as long they arent hurting you, I dont see any reason why you must bitch and complain... Let people live their lives the way they want to live. I mean.... to quote our grandparents, "If you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything at all!!!"
Finally, I agree with pliedes that relgion has no basis in this arguement because it can not be accpeted as fact, but i would like say that, What i dont understand is why some christians are UNTOLERANT and must make a HUGE deal out of homosexuality, when they do not discriminate people of other religions, and other ways of life, the same way they do homosexuals. My belief is that basically, this argument has less to do with religion and more to do with prejudiced hate. Hate is something that is learned. In my opionion many of you have learned to hate gays from society, much in the same way as fifty years ago when people learned to hate people of color.
So.... to all that this applies, our culture is continuing to evolve to be more acceptive of gays, and as so, it would be more beneficial, easier, and less painful, if you would just bite your hateful tongue, and let people live they way they want to...
p.s. my advice might even spare you a well deserved suspension!!!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright © 2002-∞ - Nubblies.net