Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest
Are you saying that being a server is as hard as being a roadworker standing in the sun on the asphalt for eight hours a day when the air temperature is in the mid nineties?
|
I wasn't implying that, are you implying that a server only deserves 2 dollars an hour?
This is pointless, but I'll bite and point out to you that you are wrong. I would argue that being a server is about 4000X as hard as being a roadworker who get to spend his day outside either holding a sign that says slow down or riding a steam roller, and taking 4 lunch breaks. Have you ever been a server? It can be grueling work where there are always time constraints, multiple threads of multitasking, and one tiny mistake can set you back so you won't get paid for the current round of seating.
Probably the most potentially stressful job I've ever had. I've done heavy labor jobs too, you might break a sweat once and a while, but there is absolutely no stress involved.