Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-22-2002, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Orgazmo

New poll @ the bottom of the main page.

It's a close race...for second place. As for the top spot, that's clearly Super Troopers...
Unread 11-23-2002, 01:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 10
OneHugeBastard is on a distinguished road
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one orgazmo.
Super Troopers is a good movie, but i just didn't think it was all it was cracked up to be. Now, something about mary. That is a classic.
OneHugeBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2002, 04:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Before I start, let me say that yes, Super Troopers is a fucking hilarious movie that I enjoyed very much.

BUT

I just have a hard time saying that it is the funniest movie of all time. The entire movie just revolves around Marijuana-Puns, and has no real pure humor like you might see in Clerks or Swingers or Office Space.

I would recommend any of you who truly feel that Super Troopers is the funniest movie of all time, to watch any of the movies I listed on my comment when I voted.

Thank you, and good-night.

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2002, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Orgazmo

Well, I've seen all three of those movies...yet, astonishingly enough, Super Troopers remains in my top spot.
Unread 11-23-2002, 04:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

That's cool. I can respect that. I posted that for anyone else who felt Super Troopers was the funniest movie ever made though.

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2002, 05:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
pliedes

I have watched both super troopers and office space, and i must say, office space has the more truly lasting humor.
Super troopers was funny, but i wouldn't watch it more than a few times, now office space, i watch that all the time still...
Dumb and dumber though, that is the funniest movie of all time. It paved the way for stupid humor to be quoted every 5 seconds...
Unread 11-23-2002, 05:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
50 Cent

ok I thought super troopers was humorous, but not really funny. I didn't really bust up laughing at all...Clerks isn't funny at all. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is the funniest movie ever. Balzing Saddles is definatly the best on the list. I feel that it is one of Mel Brooks's best films, but I feel Superballs, is the best one he's made.
Unread 11-23-2002, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Timmy Two Beers is on a distinguished road
Office Space is where it's at. Super Troopers has the exact same comedy that is in everyother new comedy..... like Jay and Silent Bob movies etc. all these movies are halarious .... just not as original.
Timmy Two Beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 03:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

undisputed is on a distinguished road
Being a fan of stupid humor I must select Dude, Wheres my Car / Dumb and Dumber / Zoolander was also a most welcome surprise.
undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 03:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

Joe Bang A Clit is on a distinguished road
zoolander?? maybe some parts were ok, but if you liked the whole movie than you must be gay
Joe Bang A Clit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 03:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Internets: 55974
BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

Super Troopers was not the slightest bit funny. I heard all of the hype (much of it from nubblies) and downloaded it on my cpu then proceeded to watch it and it left a very sour taste in my mouth. It wasn't all that funny granted it had some funny parts but every movie does. Overall as a whole I wouldn't rank super troopers in my top 10 funniest movies.

------------------
-Representing 9.5+" penis's nation wide
BigDongedHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 03:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina
I love Office Space. It doesn't get much better.

50 cent-

If you were talking about SPACEBALLS, then I too am a fan...I have, however, never seen Superballs.
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 03:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

Joe Bang A Clit is on a distinguished road
yeah spaceballs was a damn good movie and i still haven't gotten sick of it as many times as i've seen it. i think also monty python and the holy grail would be up in my list of favorites, but i should also give notice to van wilder, and pretty much all of jack black's movies...funniest shit ever, highly recommend it.

[This message has been edited by Joe Bang A Clit (edited November 24, 2002).]
Joe Bang A Clit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2002, 01:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
pliedes

After reading all this, i'm dissappointed that the poll didn't include office space, it truely is a amazing movie.
I still hold that Dumb and Dumber is the classic, it is the comedy against which all others are measured...
Also, why has no one mentioned Happy Gilmor?