Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?

Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/index.php)
-   Jibberish (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   "Eight gold medals down the drain!" (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17107)

Pliedes 02-01-2009 06:40 PM

"Eight gold medals down the drain!"
 
My mother told me that Michael Phelps was "caught" smoking pot (i think she saw it on foxnews,). She actually said "eight gold medals down the drain". I had to point out the obvious fact that he probably smoked weed long before he won those medals.

Lots of people smoke. It's normal. Way less dangerous than drinking to excess or popping pharmaceuticals. Still, she seems to think this is the "end of his career".





I thought this topic was pure "jibberish". Twenty-three year old kid smokes grass- big whoop.








http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/mult...102_25518a.jpg

Michael Phelps Bong Picture: Olympic Champion Caught Smoking Marijuana: UPDATED

I say give 'em a ninth medal for proving how ubiquitous and tame marijuana really is.

Ugly Bastard 02-01-2009 08:38 PM

Nice watch.

SittinOnDubsWGW 02-01-2009 10:59 PM

LOL, that was the first thing I noticed in the pic as well.

f3lix 02-02-2009 12:43 AM

Does this not prove to the world that weed is nothing to worry about?

f3lix 02-02-2009 12:44 AM

God Damnit, I just blew my 2000th post defending marijuana... though it does seem to be another standard cause of mine.

DJ FC 02-02-2009 12:48 AM

Good article from the same paper:
John V. Santore: Michael Phelps, Hypocrisy, and American Drug Policy

f3lix 02-02-2009 12:57 AM

From that article
YouTube - Stephen Colbert comments on Obama's campaign

Dent 02-07-2009 02:46 PM

The 10 Most Successful Potheads on the Planet… Cool Enough to Admit It : COED Magazine

Pliedes 02-18-2009 06:45 PM

Joe Rogan's open letter to Kellogs regarding Michael Phelps
 
I usually hate this guy (who hosts that show fear factor), but a year or two ago I watched a video of him tearing apart Carlos "Ned" Mencia, and now this letter....I'm actually starting to like the guy a bit.

JOES BACKUP WEBSITE! ZOMFG!

Dear Kellogg’s.
I’m writing this letter to express my disappointment in your company in firing Michael Phelps as a spokesperson for your products because he was photographed while enjoying some marijuana.
I respectfully would like to communicate my opinion on this matter because I think it’s of great public interest.
First of all, although it is true that Mr. Phelps broke the law, I think any reasonably intelligent person would admit that it’s one of the most fucked up and corrupt laws that we have today in this country. Marijuana is relatively harmless and certainly far less dangerous than a host of other things that are not only legal but also readily available, like alcohol and prescription drugs. The only reason it remains illegal to this day is because it’s a plant and you can’t patent it and control it’s sale, and because if it were legal it would greatly affect the demand for a host of prescription drugs that rake in billions of dollars each year for pharmaceutical companies.
That’s it.
Marijuana has never killed anyone EVER in over 10,000 years of use. We’re not protecting people from themselves, we’re not saving the children - it’s just a horribly illogical law that is in place because of corruption and propaganda.
The fact that it’s against the law is just a disgusting reminder of how retarded our system is, not a reasonable reaction to a proven threat to society.

I have to say, this whole thing saddens me, because I personally would like to think that as Americans we’re better than this. These television news anchors will shake their heads at the thoughtless mistake Mr. Phelps had made by “smoking dope,” and then without even the tiniest sense of irony they will cut to a beer commercial.
This is supposed to be the land of the free and the home of the brave, right? We’re not supposed to be a nation of little bitches giving in to the whims of corrupt politicians and the pharmaceutical companies who’s interests they’re representing.
It’s 2009, and in this day and age with the incredible access to information that we have available there’s no fucking way that we should be allowing human beings to tell other human beings that they can’t do something that they enjoy that hurts no one including themselves.
THAT is madness. THAT is ignorant, and THAT is completely fucking un-American.
I don’t want to hear any of that, “he’s setting a bad example with the children” nonsense either, because we all know if he had a gin and tonic in his hand instead of a bong this would never have been an issue, even though every single study ever done has shown that marijuana is FAR less dangerous than alcohol.
Marijuana laws are a horrible waste of resources and law enforcement, and especially in this day and age with our economy in such horrible shape I believe the last thing we need to be doing is wasting tax payers’ money on any of this victimless bullshit.

I find your reactions to Mr. Phelps situation both ignorant and short sighted.
I think what would have been a far better response from Kellogg’s would be to support Mr. Phelps, and perhaps point out that maybe we as a society should take a closer look at the evidence and possibly reconsider our position on this misunderstood plant that so many of our productive citizens find useful.
Now, I’m sure if you really were running Kellogg’s and you were still reading my bullshit all the way down to this, you must be thinking, “Why the hell would we stick our necks out like that for pot smokers?”

And of course the answer to that question would be, because we buy your shit, motherfucker.
Do you guys even know your consumer statistics? Well, let me fill you in on some of my own personal scientific research on the subject, because I have been closely studying my own purchases for over 20 years, and I can tell you that I’ve been high 100% of the time I’ve bought your shit.
I mean, do you guys ever think about what you sell?
Pop tarts? Are you kidding me? I would be willing to bet that 50% of the people buying pop tarts are stoned out of their fucking minds.
Just to be perfectly clear on my position, I would like you to know that I enjoy your products. I think many of them are quite tasty, but lets be honest; you guys sell sugar-drenched shit that’s horrible for your body - in fact, it’s actually way worse for your body than pot - and you market this shit specifically to children.
You assholes go as far as putting lovable cartoon characters on the boxes just so that kids will beg their parents for it.

Now, I don’t want you to misunderstand my point, because I in no way want anything bad to happen to your company. Like I said, I genuinely enjoy your products.
There’s nothing quite like being stoned out of your mind at 2am watching a Chuck Norris movie and eating a bowl of fruit loops. Your company and its products have been a part of some very pleasurable moments in guilty eating, and I’m glad you’re around.
All I’m saying is that it’s high time (no pun intended) that you motherfuckers respect the stoner dollar. There’s WAY more of us than you might think, and we tend to get upset about dumb shit like this. There are millions of us, and if we decide that we don’t like a company, they’re going to feel it.
I think if you looked into it carefully, you would be surprised at how many undercover potheads there are out there. Pot smokers don’t all fit into the obvious, negative stereotypes; we come in all shapes and forms - including by the way, the form of the greatest fucking swimmer who ever lived, EVER.
Think about THAT shit for a second..
So in closing, I would like to ask you nice folks to please smarten the fuck up.
I would request that you check the calendar and note that it’s 2000 and fucking 9, and next time you think about getting all uppity about pot you might want to do a quick google search on the facts.

It’s 4:40am here in LA, and I’m going to wrap up this blog and to celebrate its completion I’m going to enjoy one of my personal favorite Kellogg products: Eggo waffles.
I’m gonna pop 4 of them bitches into the toaster, and then I’m gonna stuff the bong with some fine, American grown “Train Wreck” and sacrifice the sacred plant to the fire gods in tribute to the unjustly persecuted 8 time Olympian hero. Then I’m gonna get some butter, and I’m gonna smear it on those Eggos, I’m gonna cover them with maple syrup, and I’m going to eat the ever loving fuck out of them.
Good day, sirs.

Yours truly,

Joe Rogan.

THEINCREDIBLEdork 02-18-2009 07:49 PM

Joe Rogan is a good man. Watch him belittle this cunt after she tries to pick a fight with him.


f3lix 02-18-2009 07:52 PM

Bravo!

Mr. Blonde 02-18-2009 08:04 PM

Wow, thats actually a pretty legit tactic. Making a bigger scene than the dumb bitch who is making a scene against you. I'm sure some of you have been in a similar situation when you meet a girl who feels she needs to "take you down a few pegs" (i'm looking at you, UB) and makes some scene and attempts to call you out or whatnot. Rogan just went LOUDER than her and didn't even let her be heard, and just told everyone how dumb she was being, hahahah. Awesome.

SittinOnDubsWGW 02-19-2009 10:04 AM

Joe Rogan is awesome The people from kellogg could give two shits about his letter though.

Ugly Bastard 02-19-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SittinOnDubsWGW (Post 376360)
Joe Rogan is awesome The people from kellogg could give two shits about his letter though.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. A letter from a pretty well known comedian that has been a huge viral hit on the internet? I'm sure there will at least be some water cooler meeting about it.

BigDongedHoe 02-19-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Rogan (Post 376317)
It’s 4:40am here in LA, and I’m going to wrap up this blog and to celebrate its completion I’m going to enjoy one of my personal favorite Kellogg products: Eggo waffles.
I’m gonna pop 4 of them bitches into the toaster, and then I’m gonna stuff the bong with some fine, American grown “Train Wreck” and sacrifice the sacred plant to the fire gods in tribute to the unjustly persecuted 8 time Olympian hero. Then I’m gonna get some butter, and I’m gonna smear it on those Eggos, I’m gonna cover them with maple syrup, and I’m going to eat the ever loving fuck out of them.
Good day, sirs.

Huge LOL... especially coming from a fellow smoker

SittinOnDubsWGW 02-21-2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard (Post 376364)
I wouldn't necessarily say that. A letter from a pretty well known comedian that has been a huge viral hit on the internet? I'm sure there will at least be some water cooler meeting about it.

Water cooler meeting would probably be the absolute most of it.


As much as i like Joe Rogan, his merit is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Regardless of what he says, the "stoner dollar" will go wherever, regadless of what her says.

Orgazmo 02-25-2009 12:36 PM

Not that it's because of Joe Rogan, but...

Kellogg’s Suffering the Consequences of Phelps Dismissal

Source

US (ChattahBox) – It looks like the dumping of Michael Phelps from the Kellogg’s sponsorship wasn’t the great PR move the company had hoped.


A new report released from Silicon Alley has shown that Kellogg’s has moved from the reputation of 9th in the country, to 83rd, making it clear that the pot smoker’s threats of a heavy boycott worked the way they said it would.

“Not even an industry-wide peanut scare inflicted as much damage on the food company’s reputation,” the report claimed.

It’s true. The massive salmonella outbreak, in which they were found to have been aware of potential contamination, took a back seat to the Phelps scandal, and it now seems that the company’s reputation could be damaged beyond all repair.

f3lix 02-25-2009 01:23 PM

I wasn't even aware there was ranked reputation. How the hell do they determine that?

Pliedes 02-25-2009 05:35 PM

Calif. lawmaker introduces bill to legalize pot
 
I know these types of bills are always popping up, but given the terrible state of the economy, california's huge deficit, and rational thinking.....this might actually happen. Might.



Calif. lawmaker introduces bill to legalize pot

(02-23) 13:35 PST San Francisco, CA (AP) --

A state legislator is reviving the debate about legalizing marijuana as a way of raising money for cash-strapped state and local governments.

Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, a San Francisco Democrat, introduced a bill Monday that if approved by the California Legislature would put pot on the same legal footing as alcohol. Adults over the age of 21 would be allowed to buy it, and driving under the influence of marijuana would be prohibited.

Under Ammiano's proposal, which has been endorsed by some law enforcement officials, pot would be taxed at a rate of $50 per ounce and bring an estimated $1 billion into state coffers.

In 1996, California became the first state to legalize medical marijuana.


source

Ugly Bastard 02-25-2009 05:37 PM

Really it's just a matter of time until a bill like this goes through. Might be now, might be another 20 years. But eventually it will happen.

SittinOnDubsWGW 02-25-2009 05:54 PM

And that will be a glorious day (doesn't even smoke). I think of Dr. Ho (BSU cjc prof) everytime the talk of legalization comes up, *heavy asian accent* "ahhhhh, I neva smoooke. If that day eva come, I be first one in line at walmart and buy velly velly much."


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright © 2002-∞ - Nubblies.net