![]() |
|
|
#76 (permalink) | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
Quote:
@ Gaz: Chimay Blue is gd amazing, prly one of my 5 most favorite beers I've tried. The DFH Black and Blue sounds awesome and way up my alley. Eyes will be on the lookout. | |
|
|
|
|
|
#77 (permalink) |
|
COME ON YOU YANKS
|
You should have no trouble finding it, as it is plentiful around here, even though DFH has decided to stop servicing my state. Fucking assholes.
It's been in my fridge for a month or so along with another fruity beer they offer, an 18% beast that holds the claim as the "highest abv fruit beer created". I'll save that one for another day. |
|
|
|
|
|
#78 (permalink) |
|
Bokononist
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,595
Internets: 11801
|
Went to a place called Lil' Charlies today, it's about 20 minutes from where I live, and has only been making their own beer for going on two years now. It was pretty decent, but I was disappointed at their lack of seasonal or specialty brews (the employee was not very well informed on what was being made or coming out soon). All in all, it was a pretty decent place. I did a sampler of the five beers they had available, the two best being the Father Franz’ Heféweizen and Bull Ram Bock, with the Bock easily being the champ.
Good place, good food. Not necessarily anything that would stand out as the best I've ever had, but by no means the worse, and considering its close proximity to me. I'll probably be getting my growler filled pretty often. |
|
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#80 (permalink) |
|
Bokononist
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,595
Internets: 11801
|
I did live in Warsaw for about 6 months last year, but aside from that I've been in the greater Cincinnati/Southeast Indiana area for nearly 4 years. The only thing that's better down here is the terrain.
|
|
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#81 (permalink) |
|
Jelqing for Jesus
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte's spare bedroom
Posts: 3,079
Internets: 194538
|
speaking of chimay blue. what a coincidence. i'm having lunch at the flying saucer and my new bestest bud, I'll call him Kojak, decides to buy a big ass 3 liter bottle of chimay blue. And he shares. Pics to follow.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#85 (permalink) |
|
Don't call me Shirley
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Posts: 3,271
Internets: 220249
|
Just bought a bottle of this little gem:
![]() This bad boy is 18.2% abv beer. Fucking ridiculous. You would think that it's just a gimmick and ends up tasting like shit, but I was surprised to find that it's very very good. At 17 pounds for a 12-oz bottle, it's a good thing I only plan on having one tonight. |
|
|
|
|
|
#87 (permalink) |
|
Level 20 Holothetan
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Space
Posts: 5,245
Internets: 210144
|
Picked up this years version of Southern Tier's Pumking. I have posted about this beer before.
Difference between this year and last? As far as taste goes, not a huge difference. The brewing process likely changed very little. The only discernible difference is this year's ABV is 8.6% as compared to 9% last year. My previous review still stands. At ~$7 per bottle (1 pt. 6 fl oz or 650 ml), this beer is certainly worth a try. |
|
|
|
|
|
#88 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
I'm going to Munich on Wednesday for my 2nd Oktoberfest. I will be drinking a lot of the following beers:
Paulaner Brewery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Hofbräuhaus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Hacker-Pschorr Brewery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Löwenbräu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Augustiner Bräu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia All of them are phenomenal examples of Bavarian-style lager beer, brewed in accordance with the Reinheitsgebot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia God damn I'm excited. |
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#90 (permalink) | |
|
I make bad decisions.
|
Quote:
I had a New Zealand lager two nights ago, Steinlager. It was nothing to write home about and completely forgettable. | |
|
|
|
|
|
#94 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
FC, Kremlin, Sloth, and RobbieK are going to Brussels this weekend. Lots of beer will be consumed.
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#96 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#97 (permalink) |
|
Don't call me Shirley
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Posts: 3,271
Internets: 220249
|
Eurostar (train), bro.
By the way, this might be my new favorite beer. It tastes like chocolate and sex. It's Belgian and 10.5% abv. There is a frou-frou french bistro a block from my apartment, and I pop in very often for a beer or three. I don't need to order it anymore, they just bring it to me, and I love that shit. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#100 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
I need to get my paper up and come visit you crazy bastards for a little while. Maybe a couple nights in London during the week and then bail to somewhere in Europe on the weekend.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|