Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-26-2004, 02:38 AM   #26 (permalink)
1 thing leads to another.

Internets: -2654
AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts
Can't really make a movie about a sentence if you want it to be longer than 3 seconds.

3:o) horned creatures...wat wat
Unread 02-26-2004, 02:52 AM   #27 (permalink)

Internets: 44
BarryJive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BarryJive
I can't really see this movie topping "Jesus Christ Superstar" as far as inspiring me goes. Fuck, JCS got me to go out and buy a bible for the simple fact that it portrays Jesus as a man and not a god where as this movie (so I hear) keeps him on a higher level (which obviously he is but I think you guys know what I mean). And while I hate to judge movies I haven't seen yet (like the dipshits who complained about the Jew bashing before seeing it) these are just my initial thoughts.

I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat french toast.
BarryJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 02:54 AM   #28 (permalink)

Internets: -238
Percipere'Chan is infamous around these parts Percipere'Chan is infamous around these parts Percipere'Chan is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by BarryJive:
I can't really see this movie topping "Jesus Christ Superstar"...

Dead, death, grim on a pale horse, empty, hollow, inanimate, fataled, black curtained, annihilated.
Percipere'Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 03:20 AM   #29 (permalink)
Roscoe P. Coldchain

Internets: 1425
StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of
This was emailed to me:

Just when you thought Mel Gibson couldn't make a bigger
turd than "Lethal Weapon IV", he drops this one. And
all of the Jews are pissed off because he's telling everybody
that they killed God. Now let's think about it. That's not
so bad is it? I would think the Jews would want this movie
highly circulated in the Muslim world, with the obvious
threat being, "If you guys don't back off, we'll kill your God,
too. Then you get no 70 virgins, no paradise, no nothing."
Anyone who can kill God is one bad mother fucker.

But let's not forget that Jesus rose from the dead AND
ascended to a throne in heaven. Not too shabby. So in
essence, nobody really "killed" Jesus; it was more like a
fraternity hazing, or an early version of "Fear Factor" where
you endure all kinds of shit to win a valuable prize. Way to
go Jesus, and way to go Jews for helping him keep it real.

I'll be seeing Club Dread before this flick.

[ February 26, 2004, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: StabMaster Arson ]

LEGALIZE CRIME!
StabMaster Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 03:39 AM   #30 (permalink)

Percipere'Chan is infamous around these parts Percipere'Chan is infamous around these parts Percipere'Chan is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by BarryJive:

Don't worry it doesn't give away the ending
-
Quote:
Originally posted by St. Anky:
I heard the cucifixion is way too drawn out. In the bible, its a line... in the movie, i hear its ten minutes.
-
Quote:
Originally posted by StabMaster Arson:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally quoted from SomeFriendOfStab's:
I would think the Jews would want this movie
highly circulated in the Muslim world, with the obvious threat being, "If you guys don't back off, we'll kill your God...
</font>[/quote]From the innocuous to the ardently jeering, this has been a great night for some funny ass shit. You all kick ass.

Dead, death, grim on a pale horse, empty, hollow, inanimate, fataled, black curtained, annihilated.
Unread 02-26-2004, 03:44 AM   #31 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
*Seal of Approval

This is the most powerful film I have ever seen.
Unread 02-26-2004, 04:45 AM   #32 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I'll be seeing Club Dread before this flick.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 12:33 PM   #33 (permalink)

Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ FC:
*Seal of Approval

This is the most powerful film I have ever seen.
The powerfulness, does it stem from a religious standpoint? Or is it of a moving emotional view? I am getting more intrigued to see this film after seeing what has been put on the news and seeing reviews.

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 02:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
DJ FC

The film is gripping, it is extremely realistic, and highly brutal.

It is more than just from a religious standpoint, looking back on last night; once the film was over, the theater was completely SILENT. Almost no one said a word while heading out back to their vehicles, no normal "after movie chit chat, and whatnot." This movie was stunning.
Unread 02-26-2004, 05:53 PM   #35 (permalink)
Nasty Nate

Internets: 4881
Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
And
that they killed God.
I dont recall the japanese getting mad because the movie Pearl harbor made them look bad. Unless of course the jews didn't kill jesus, then this statement was pointless, I dont know too much about the real history even though I am a christian.

[ February 26, 2004, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Nathan ]
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
Another Brick in the Wall

Internets: 10
rla128 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rla128 Send a message via AIM to rla128 Send a message via MSN to rla128 Send a message via Yahoo to rla128
So, is this movie going to extremely break records? I'm serious, any theater I've heard of pretty much sold out through this weekend.
rla128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
DJ FC

Quote:
Originally posted by Nathan:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by StabMaster Arson:
And
that they killed God.
I dont recall the japanese getting mad because the movie Pearl harbor made them look bad. Unless of course the jews didn't kill jesus, then this statement was pointless, I dont know too much about the real history even though I am a christian.</font>[/quote]It's true though Nathan, while the movie is historically accurate,it does show the Jews in a very negative light. Not all things in film can be fair and ballanced.

[ February 26, 2004, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: DJ FC ]
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:55 PM   #38 (permalink)

Super Nintendo is on a distinguished road
What if groups of Germans (or extremists) got mad at someone for making a movie showing the Halocaust and Germans as a whole in a bad light? Oh wait, they have, and everyone got furious at those groups and called them racist or whatever...

Yet when the Jews get offended about something then everyone goes crazy over it. It's probably because Jews have a major foothold in show business and the like, so most people would shy away from something that might offend them for fear of being 'run out of Hollywood'.

Mel Gibson, however, is such a household name that he won't ever get run out. So he can do what he pleases and maybe that's pissing people off too.

I don't have anything against Jews, though I don't share their religious views, I just thought I'd point out the hipocricy of the situation.

[ February 26, 2004, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Super Nintendo ]
Super Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 08:34 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Nintendo:
It's probably because Jews have a major foothold in show business and the like, so most people would shy away from something that might offend them for fear of being 'run out of Hollywood'...
I don't have anything against Jews...
I just thought I'd point out the hipocricy of the situation.[/QB]
I just thought I'd point out the paranoia of the situation

Unread 02-26-2004, 08:41 PM   #40 (permalink)

I know! I am paranoid...I don't know what I'd do if I got ran out of Hollywood!!!
Unread 02-26-2004, 11:23 PM   #41 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to rla128 Send a message via AIM to rla128 Send a message via MSN to rla128 Send a message via Yahoo to rla128
That was the most amazing movie I have ever seen...
Unread 02-26-2004, 11:31 PM   #42 (permalink)

Oh yeah, my roommate's mom called him yesterday after she got home from seeing the Passion and she told him it was the most moving movie she has ever seen...by far. She went on to say that she was still crying because of it, and that his two little sisters were also still crying.

Crazy stuff.
Unread 02-26-2004, 11:41 PM   #43 (permalink)

I find it hard to believe that anyone could see this movie and not be moved. Don't listen to the reviews...

This movie is amazing.
Unread 02-28-2004, 04:01 AM   #44 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Orgazmo and I watched this horse with three legs tonight.

It was the most well-made movie I have ever seen in my life. It will leave you speechless. Go see it.

Whether you believe in God, hate him, don't know who he is, whatever, I don't care, everyone should see this movie. And when I really think about it, I would say this is probably the only movie I have ever seen that I would recommend to everyone I know. We should all see it.

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2004, 04:24 AM   #45 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

I heard on the radio an elderly woman in Texas (or maybe Arizona) died while seeing this movie. That is some good publicity.
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2004, 04:37 AM   #46 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by ninjaface:
I heard on the radio an elderly woman in Texas (or maybe Arizona) died while seeing this movie. That is some good publicity.
I'm glad you called it publicity. I think that if it were any other movie, then it wouldn't have been very big news. A woman dying while watching Finding Nemo or a woman dying while watching The Passion of the Christ? She probably could've died watching any other movie.

Nonetheless, that is pretty weird.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2004, 05:22 PM   #47 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
Quote:
Originally posted by Ugly Bastard:
I would say this is probably the only movie I have ever seen that I would recommend to everyone I know. We should all see it.

-Ugly Bastard
Quote:
Originally posted by ninjaface:
I heard on the radio an elderly woman in Texas (or maybe Arizona) died while seeing this movie.
What about her? If you could butterfly effect your ass back to talk to her...would you recommend she sees it?
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2004, 05:28 PM   #48 (permalink)

Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Yee nigga, pop off.

-Ugly Bastard
Unread 02-28-2004, 05:29 PM   #49 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
I don't know what that means.

-Orgazmo
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2004, 05:33 PM   #50 (permalink)

Me either. I like saying it though.

-Ugly Bastard